New Kitten But What Breed Is It?

Poesje2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

My co-worker’s neighbour took this poor little thing away from his mama for no reason at about 3 weeks old. I have been bottle feeding him with great success but would love to hear feedback on what breed he might be? In the last picture he is lying with our 20 year 5 months old Himalayan/tabby mix! Thank you!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
He's adorable! Thanks for caring for him! He's in the colorpoint pattern; so I'd describe him as a seal lynx point Domestic Shorthair. In order for him to be a colorpoint, he would need to have a pointed breed somewhere in his ancestry. Which breed, exactly, we can't be sure of. It will be easier to tell what breed he looks like when he's a little older.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww he is cute!! Domestic shorthair for sure.

Also your other cat is a tabby of course, that refers to the coat pattern not the breed. I would be surprised if there was any Himalayan in the orange guy though, those have very long thick fur, and are color pointed, and usually have a flatter face. I can't believe he is 20 though! That is amazing. My mom has a 20 year old Himalayan actually, I attached her picture.

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he lacking a tail? I don't see his tail in the pictures.

theflash82

i don't own my cats, my cats own me
Young Cat
Purraise
Seal lynx point DSH, I believe. Also, adorable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Poesje2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Also your other cat is a tabby of course, that refers to the coat pattern not the breed. I would be surprised if there was any Himalayan in the orange guy though, those have very long thick fur, and are color pointed, and usually have a flatter face. I can't believe he is 20 though! That is amazing. My mom has a 20 year old Himalayan actually, I attached her picture.

Poesje2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Our tabby’s mum was a tortoiseshell and the father was a beautiful gray Himalayan. Our tabby and his sister both have the flat nose, the only thing they inherited from their dad!

Poesje2019

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

She’s beautiful ❤