New home, new litter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I will be bringing two kittens (4-5 mos old) home on Wednesday. They’ve been using a fresh step clay litter. I use world‘s best. I know you are supposed to switch gradually, but at this age, with a new home, do you think I can try just putting out the world’s best and see if they use it? If they don’t use it by evening I could run over to the store and get the fresh step. I will be sequestering them in one room to start. Is this a terrible idea?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
They may be fine with litter change. I have done it with my cats. Use 2-3 boxes. I use 3 with my 3 cats ,one in my living room is 27 inch long 18 inch high( storage bins)

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
waddle waddle , any updates? Curious to see how things are going. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
They’re doing great. They were meowing up a storm and really wanting to get out of their room when I came home for lunch today, so I let them out when I got home from work.

One of them peed in the box almost immediately, his brother covered it up for him, they both got in and scratched around a few times, and eventually more deposits appeared. So glad I didn‘t give in and go get the clay.

Haven‘t decided on names yet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

waddle

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I don’t know why the picture isn’t showing up normally.