New Home, Lots Of Moewing!

pepsiandmax

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hey

I just got a new apartment, and moved my two cats with me last night. the ride there, wow! One of my cats, Pepsi, is very vocal normally, and Max almost never make a sound. But in the car there, loads and loads of load moewing (from both). Pepsi did settle down halfway there (10-15 min ride so not too long in the car). But Max (who is a little nervous generally), did seem upset the whole way there.

But we arriwed, Most of the cat scratchers alteady in place (their old ones), brought the 2 litter boxes, all of the toys, some of the blankets they use to sleep on, and gave them some wet food almost right away, to try and help them feel like home. (The wster fountain also in place). They were exploring, both a little jumpy (espesially Max, he almost seems scared of me too :( ), I stayed up a little bit with them, but had to go bed. And boy did they keep me up! Both of them (not just Pepsi), they were moewing, not all night, but I think I was woken up about once an hour.

But I wanted to ask if there is anything else that I should do? They are not confined to one room only (2 rooms), but the space/area is not too big, ~20m2 (whole apartment ~55m2).

I feel like everything that has been done, is right, but is there more that I can do? I did not go out to them everytime they moewed at night (to teach them that is it night time/sleepy time), just as a note. Should I have?...
And another note. Max as I said, usually never moew, ever! The only time he does that is if a) I am combing out any matted hair (and t hurts) he tells me to stop. And b) when is is alone (Him all alone, Pepsi out on adventures).

Yeah, any feedback would be greatfull!

Last edited:

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi, you did a great job on the move. Everything you have done is exactly right.

I would step up play with them. Play builds confidence and ownership. Really good play sessions. Then feed either treats or a meal. Also, keep using food. Be as calm and confident around them as possible, make sure they know they are loved.

They will settle down as they start to "own" the new territory.