New Here

Suzy78

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello!
I just registered and thought I would introduce myself. My husband and I love all pets! We have 2 dogs and 1 cat. We used to have 2 cats, but lost Brownie (age 18) earlier this year from diabetes (...or complications from it). Long story with care of Brownie's diabetes and veterinary care. But, we're happy to have found a new Vet who took action in helping us with Brownie as best he could and now handles all of our pets medical needs.

Brownie never cared for the dogs (Dakota: pit bull + black lab mix, and Vera: pug), but Kiko and the dogs get along extremely well. They even sleep together--yes, sleep together. Kiko is 17 years old and we say she lets the Dakota think she's the pack leader, but Kiko owns and runs the household. At least she used to up until recently when she was diagnosed with hyperthyroid. It's been a tough year so far, but we're doing our best for the love of our fur babies!
IMG_5087.JPG

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Aloha and welcome to TCS this is a great place and the folks are very friendly and informative as well as supportive...please post more photos and tell us more about your furbabies...blessings to you:lovecat:

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry to hear that you recently lost Brownie, especially since reading between the lines, it sounds like things were made more difficult by vet issues. What good news that you now have a vet that you are happy with - this makes all of the difference!

Kiko is such a beautiful girl - she doesn't look her age at all. It's also clear she runs the household. Just look at that regal expression!

You'll find this is a very friendly site with an immense amount of information available so have fun checking it out. And if you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Members here are very generous in sharing their experiences and knowledge.

Hope to see you around the forums!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your dear Brownie. You gave Brownie a wonderful home for many years, which is a great thing. :cutecat:

Kiko is beautiful, and I hope to see her around our photo forums and monthly photo contests!

Welcome to TCS!

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hello Suzy and Kiko, welcome to TCS :wave3:

So sorry to hear about Brownie but at least he lived a full life and am sure he gave you guys lots of joy.
Kiko is a wonderful looking kitty. Do check out the rest of the site for its good reading contents and yes, feel free to ask questions if you have any.

Do post more of Kiko's photos for us to see :wink:

Last edited: