new here...

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
hi, everyone... we're two (probably) 11 month old kittens living in the San Francisco Bay Area. We're crazy enough to eat raw food and whole prey that gets conveniently cut up for us. Anyone else out there who loves day-old chicks?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there, I'm Mouse.  Sadly I only get TD prescription dry food and an occasional bit of freeze dried white fish but those day-old chicks sound pretty good and healthy to me. 
   My mom tells me I have to eat this food and get my teeth brushed every day so I don't get sick like I was when I was a kitten.  I managed to catch a mouse a few weeks ago but I never got to taste what that was like before my mean mom stole it and hid it away somewhere.  I think maybe mice taste good and she ate it her self or something because she never showed me where it went.   Other than that my life isn't too bad,  I've got my humans well trained. 

Hope to see you around the site. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Mouse!

Wow, catching a life rodent... our human servant brought one home once but was too freaked out by us playing with it, so she took it away and put it up with leftover pizza in the garage. Our big brother who has an electronic tag and his own kitty door to go with caught a really bad mouse once and threw it up all over the bed. So what we get is defrosted frozen stuff that tastes good, in big chunks so it cleans your teeth without having to brush. We drag it all around the kitchen floor and growl over it. We even got pork brains last week but not much because, apparently there is a lot of cholesterol in it - who cares? it tasted good. Now we think we got quite smart from that one.

cheers,

Rogue and Grisou

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Nice to know your names Rogue and Grisou.  Your human sounds pretty awsome: no WAY would I get something like pork brains, or chunks of meat I could drag over the floor. 
   Mine's got this daft idea I'm only allowed the food for my teeth and stuff like brains won't do. Maybe if she knew I'd get smarter if I ate it she'd give in sometimes.   I  am living in hope for more mice though:  I sit right above where the last one came out from for hours every night so reckon I'm going to get another one soon. Next time I might not show it off to mom though! I don't like throwing up much, I wonder how you can tell if the mouse is bad before you eat it?  I could learn tonnes of stuff here. 

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hey, you have mice right there in your home? Awesome! They might be good if you don't have any obnoxious neighbors around who put out poison. And if you get a bad one, who cares, you're not the one to clean up anything!

So, this is actually Grisou writing because I'm the one sitting on the keyboard most of the time. The Rogue is the white porky one. He had a bad day-old chick once that was defrosted twice (the stupid human hadn't known that she had to cut them into pieces for us to eat. Did you know that day-old chicks still have a lot of yolk inside? It's yummy! And quite hard to clean away when barfed up.) Of course he didn't throw up on the tiled floor, no, did that on a nice doormat that I can't seem to find since. I quite like sitting on doormats!

So, anyway, since then the Rogue is somewhat reluctant to try the chick again. Will, though, because there will be treats sprinkled on top. He cannot resist a treat.

You could try the pinkie mice. They're awfully yummy and don't have any fur, once cut in half smell really good. I personally don't need them cut anymore, just snarf them up (the Rogue, the porker, of course eats anything). You get them at a reptile shop, and they have crickets, too, oh! did we have fun chasing crickets. Don't have them anymore because the Rogue snarfed up too many and got diarrhea. Now there are some big black bugs from when there were mealworms (I never ate them but the Rogue did, and when left alone they turn into those bugs.) They are not as fast as crickets, so not a lot of fun, and we tend to forget about them when they aren't moving. So there probably won't be any more mealbugs. But try a cricket!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Grisou, I'm liking that cricket idea.  Maybe my human will reckon the crickets are crunchy enough to be good for my teeth!  
 I wish.  Food that doesn't move is just SO 
  I think there might be a law here that means it's not legal to sell live critters as food though which could be a problem. Have to think about that one.  I'll keep looking out for mice though, I know they're behind the washing machine and one night one will come out and this time I'll get it straight away.  No chasing it through the apartment or around the human's bed; no way do I want to wake them up coz they'll steal it again.   Does your human hang out and read stuff on the Raw food section here?  Some of the stuff on there sounds pretty good, like the things you get to pull across the floor.  My human thinks my food should get cooked but her cooking is, well lets just say if I did give in and eat any  I'd probably be Rogue like after the twice frozen chick; eew.  I do eat spiders, and moths when I catch them.  Pretty good with those.

How are you with boxes?  One of mine just attacked me.  I jumped in it and it kind of jumped back and pushed me over, fell off the toy pile it was on top of, and I ended up underneath the box? Huh??? Hoping the human didn't notice - I'd let them post on the lap top for a bit so I could ferret about and find a few biscuits for supper.  Went in this evil box coz I saw one of the biscuits land in there earlier but couldn't be bothered jumping in to get at it and then wham, I got attacked!  Do boxes do this?  

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You guys are so funny! By the way, my name is Pounce. I guess you can imagine how I got such a cool name. I stay outside a lot so I get to eat whatever I find! I also go home to eat and my mom gives me wet stuff from a can. It has gravy and I like that part the best. I really like crunchy food too and I can eat that anytime I want to.

I can hang out inside the special place that mom and dad made for us. I am a colony cat so I could certainly just stay outside if I wanted to. The inside place they made for me is really handy. It is warm in the winter and cool in the summer and dry when it rains. We have a lot of different beds tio nap in. I like it when it is raining outside and me and my brother, Mr Hisser, snuggle up together in one bed. Some of the gang like to sleep on the shelf above the dryer. One time mom left the dryer door open for a minute and it was really warm in there. My pal, Smudge, went in there. She smelled different when she came out but it was kind of nice too

I'm glad it is almost summer now cause there is always a light on over the garage. Lights on at night means bugs to munch! Crickets really are the most fiun but June bugs have so much crunchy goodness! One time I had a lizard and brought into the special room that we have. I didn't really want to share but when it's tail came off I didn't have a choice.

It's nice to meet you. Happy munchies to you!

Op

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ha! boxes. You have to jump in, of course. The Rogue also chews them, but then that's the Rogue, and he chews everything (he even chewed on humans when he was little and got away with it!) I don't remember one attacking me, but do remember the Rogue trying to fit into one he couldn't, and he sort of fell out. 

So, Pounce, hi! you live outside? I'd love to go outside. We have a pal, Hannibal, who's black like me and technically a feral, only he lives on our porch and comes in once in a while and then we're on him and sniff his butt. There were more technically feral people outside but they keep away from Hannibal now. I sneaked out one night between the human's legs to visit him and, whoosh! was I gone. 
Good thing I'm black so I'm invisible in a dark garden at night. Did I have a great time exploring with Hannibal, with the human running around half-dressed and yelling with a torch! The human eventually gave up and went to have a treat. So, well, I went and got one, too.

My human isn't particularly good with cooking, either... you should smell what she eats!
 Probably that's why we're on raw. The human also always looks around on raw food sites, until I jump up onto the keyboard to look what she's doing. 

And a lizard! I found a snake once, in the garage.
 It wasn't wriggling much so not much fun and I left it for the human to find. Amazingly, once in the human's warm hands, it started wriggling again! Only she didn't give it back. Not even to Hannibal, who is always hunting snakes and leaves dead ones lying around for the human to feel sorry about. Hannibal is a great pal!

Have fun with those boxes... maybe there are crickets inside?

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Pounce.  Wow, you guys have got cool names, Pounce and Hisser.  All I got was silly little Mouse!  I need a new human:  No lizards or crickets, and no other cats to show me how to be a real cat.  

I don't go outside here because there's just busy roads and cars everywhere, but I can watch birds from the window, and bugs and stuff - and hope the bugs get in through the open cracks in the windows my human leaves sometimes.  She told me off once for trying to eat a black and yellow stripe bug though, and then swatted it before I could.  How mean.  Told me it was a wasp and not to go near black and yellow bugs. 

Rogue, do you tell your humans to clear up their stinky food?  They can be sooo messy.  Mine keeps trying to leave their stupid plates and cups everywhere, but I soon showed them to clear them away - I just have to scrape around them soon as they get put on the floor or chair and look at the human, then they make this daft blowing noise and take it to the kitchen where it belongs.  Coffee is the worst, boy does that smell bad.  Jumping on keyboards is pretty good fun.  I like doing that whenever it's not me on the site.

That cat home place of yours sounds pretty awesome Pounce.  Looking forward to finding out a bit more about what life's like there.

See you all later, I need to see if I can get the human to throw me some biscuits so I can play around a bit before they want me to trample over them when they go to bed.  Something about my paws being good for massage.

sweetthangtx

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow feline friends! Pounce here.

Well, I don't stay outside all of the time. I can come and go as I please. All of the colony cats, and there are about 15 or so of us, can come into the hall or go outside whenever we want.

I'll put my photo here for you to see what I look like. My mom is very sweet on me. I was the first one of the outside cats to let her know that I liked her too. We started to play together and pretty soon my litter mates did the same thing.

She gets all nervous if I am not around for her to see me. I like to come and go. I am lucky that there is a big ditch by my house that goes under the street. I can get across the street without ever being in danger. Mom says that I am a cat about town and that I am a Bon vivant. I think Bon vivant must mean handsome cat! I heard her tell my dad that I am like the George Clooney of cats, without the girlfriends.

I was born under the house where I live now,. There were six of us. Mocha went in the street and a car got her. Goldie went out for a walk when we were still little and I guess she went to a good place because she didn't come back. My brother, Trouper, went into the house to stay with mom and dad.

My whole family are tabby cats. We are mostly gray. My brother China is different. He has blue eyes and looks like one of those Siamese cats.

There were some other kittens born at our place. They were all white. Smudge was one of those. She decided to stay here with us when her mom left

My mom had more babies. They were just little babies when a dog came into our yard and killed her. She was trying to protect them. Mom and dad cried a lot that day. They found all of the babies and took them into the house. I know that they to other houses.

More cats came to our yard and a lot of them just stayed and stayed. The food is good here and mom and dad give us toys and treats and if we are sick we go to the doctor.

Oh, I remember something funny. My mom was not able to , ummm, hmm, tell if we were boys or girls at first. Only Troupper would let her pick him up. She says that it is safest to assume that all cats are females and that the are all going to be pg soon. I don't know what the pg means but I think it must not be a good thing.

Anyway, my brothers first name was Hissy Lizzy. Haha he had a girl name! After he got home from the doctor one day they changed it to Mr. Hisser. Now he never hisses anymore and they mostly call him sweetheart or handsome.

I really haven't had much experience with boxes. They do sound like fun though. Do you like to get into small snugly places to sleep? One of my favorite things is to climb the tree that is just outside the door to our hallway. Then I go from there to the roof of the house. I can see a long way from there! When I come down I like to jump on the awning that dad put up that connects to the tree. The awning keeps us dry if it is raining at dinner or breakfast time.

Mom worries about me a lot. I used to stay away from home all day and sometimes all night. I could hear her calling me to come home. She talked with me about it and I try to let her see me at least one time every day.

It sounds like being with people that love us is the great equalizer. You are safe and warm and loved there. I am safe and loved and warm here. I may have trees and roofs but you have boxes and maybe even food that moves!

Let's talk again soon.

The awning is like a slide and I can jump back to the tree from three too.

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Another mouse! Im my mouse too. My mum thought it would be a funny name for me. But now she calls me an elephant because im so loud when i run down the hallway.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Hi Mouse!  Wow, so my human isn't the only one with a bad sense of humour then?  Does your human let you eat raw stuff with bones in that you can drag across the floor like Rogue, Grisou get, or pull tails off lizards like Pounce?

My human doesn't call me an elephant now but she tells everyone I used to look like one when I was a kitten. Something about having rolls of fat on my legs and a round belly.  

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, my servant mother doesnt know what they are and we dont have many lizards where i come from. Sounds like fun though. I do enjoy stealing my barking house mates dog toys from outside and bring them in through the catflap. And i do like to steal my servant mums socks and underwear and hide them under her bed. Once i left a piece of my barking house mates old dirty bone in my servant mums bed though. I thought she might of liked it.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
......... Once i left a piece of my barking house mates old dirty bone in my servant mums bed though. I thought she might of liked it.
Do you think mine would?  She seemed pretty chuffed at the mouse I put beside her pillow the other week but never thought about bones - would have to get one out of the bin here coz I don't even have a barking mate. 

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It was a dirty bone with lots of rotting meat that my barking mate buried and then dug up. It was a warm day so i thought she may of liked the smell.
I may try a mouse when i get better at hunting, she will like that since i have the same name and she likes me.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, so bone didn't please then.  I'll have to keep watching out for mice then.  It's hard work.  I have to sit really still and quiet for hours at a time, mostly up on the kitchen worktop so I can look down at where the gap between the washing machine and sink is.  That's where the first one came from, and the last one went home that way.  Sometimes I sit on the floor to watch but I've never seen one come out when I'm there.  Spiders do, and they're nice and crunchy.

tweety91

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
O that sounds fun!
I like eating flies. My servant mum lifts me up when i cant reach them.
Ive just been playing outside and ive learnt how to climb up the big pile of bricks to the fence.
Servant grabbed me before i could jump over because i wouldnt be able to get back over and theres an angry barking thing there. And then mum blocked it so i couldnt get back there again. Il still try though!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
We've got fences outside, underneath our windows but my human servant tells me I'm not to jump or go anywhere near the windows because fences are spiky and dangerous.  Maybe they're telling us the truth for a change?  Reckon Pounce, Rogue and Grisou have experience of fences so they'll know for sure!   What do you think?

roguethecat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
ha! fences. It's Grisou writing, and I have no idea because technically I'm inside (although I manage to slip away now and then). Now my big brother Rascal is the one to ask. Can't put him on here because he's grumpy. But, he goes in and out, mostly out, and just hops onto fences and walks on them - I've seen it! But me, I'm very good at running up and down the cat trees. We have more than two around, only I can't count to more than two.

You there, tell your servant she's lucky not to have grabbed Rascal when he is busy hopping onto something... he gets upset when he's interrupted. And he isn't interested in small prey like flies, either - more for me! I like the little silverfish best.