New Here, Need Help With Choosing New Dry Food For Clark!!

lucy_pt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I am new to this site, but I'm glad I've found it, it has tons of great info!
Anyway!!
I have a 11 yr old maine coon and he was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (he's on daily pill), also he had crystals in his urine (diagnosed around 4 months ago) and he's been eating Hills prescription diet urinary care (he's back to normal now); he's about to be done with the bag and so I need to find a new dry food for him. Keeping in mind both problems, I know he needs:
- High protein (preferably between 40 and 60)
- Low phosphorus (below 1.0%)
- Low carbs
- Low fat

Young Again, seem a great option but is super expensive!
I also checked Wysong options but they are high in phosphorus...

He is indoor and it has sensitive stomach =((
I feed him 3 times per day, his breakfast and lunch is canned food and his last meal (dinner) is dry food.

Does any of you have any other ideas on dry food?

Thank you!!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I don't have much to offer, but when you mentioned Wysong, did you check out their Uretic version for the phosphorus level (an alternative to Hill's C/D). I think there is a sensitive stomach version, as a combination with urinary care, in Royal Canin and maybe even Hill's. Also, check out Purina Pro which has urinary care, but I am not sure if it is available in combination with sensitive stomach or not.

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Dr. Elsey's dry meets all of your qualifications, I think.

https://www.chewy.com/dr-elseys-cleanprotein-chicken/dp/146270

It is pricey, BUT pay attention to the number of calories in a cup. Since he already gets 2/3 of his daily calories from wet food, he would need like...1/5-ish cup of dry for his dinner, depending on how much he weighs. I think it will cost you the same is not slightly more in the long run vs. other brands.

Minxxy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all,

I am new to this site, but I'm glad I've found it, it has tons of great info!
Anyway!!
I have a 11 yr old maine coon and he was recently diagnosed with hyperthyroidism (he's on daily pill), also he had crystals in his urine (diagnosed around 4 months ago) and he's been eating Hills prescription diet urinary care (he's back to normal now); he's about to be done with the bag and so I need to find a new dry food for him. Keeping in mind both problems, I know he needs:
- High protein (preferably between 40 and 60)
- Low phosphorus (below 1.0%)
- Low carbs
- Low fat

Young Again, seem a great option but is super expensive!
I also checked Wysong options but they are high in phosphorus...

He is indoor and it has sensitive stomach =((
I feed him 3 times per day, his breakfast and lunch is canned food and his last meal (dinner) is dry food.

Does any of you have any other ideas on dry food?

Thank you!!
Young Again is a bit expensive @ $42.00 for an 8 pound bag but it is free shipping over $30.00.
I think it would be a great option.
If this coupon code is still good 104817 you'll get 10% off.