New here....joined because I have questions/need advice

lilasmomma

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My lovie Lila is a sweet cat. Lately tho she has been getting what seems to be overstimulated. I back off and it looks like she's getting even more upset that I stopped giving her attention. She'll keep pushing her head into my hand forcefully and i can see her puffing up so I sternly tell her to be nice. She starts to meow all weird like she's complaining and warning at the same time. Then she eventually swats at my face and her claws catch in the skin, scratching me. I don't know why she does this. Especially since she then comes by 10 minutes later rubbing up against my feet.

I love my cat very much and if she is stressing I want to figure out why and how to fix it. Not only for her sake, but to save my face. I'm so confused. :(

Thanks in advance for any advice offered.

Diana

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hi Diana and welcome to TCS! 

Could you give us more information about Lila?  How old is she and how long have you had here? Is this a totally new behaviour? If it has recently happened, can you think of something that happened around the time it started that may have affected her?  How is her diet/general health?

Sorry for firing off all the questions, but it will help

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is she spayed?

Any signs of have pains?

Good luck!

Welcome to our Forums!