New Here, Food Suggestions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lucylee76

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi!
Have you had a vet check her throat?
No I haven't, she does fine eating dry food, never gags on it.....so I wouldn't think it would be a threat issue......

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I apologize if you've already tried this, but what if you mushed some kibble, or crumbled some kibble, into the wet food, how does she do with that?

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I would go back to the chicken and herring, to test the theory of whether it's a food...?
Got a question.The vet said its not good to give different foods all the time.It can mess up their digestive system.To slowly transition.Ok.Well ive seen on here where some people feed like different foods one week n different another n thats the way they feed their cat or cats.Like rotating.:dunno:

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
CatLover49 CatLover49 changing wet food typically won't cause upset tummies, hence why a lot of people (myself included!) rotate wet food. Dry food is what you have to be careful about. Any time you change a cat's dry food, there should be a transition period. :)

smeyers

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
UPDATE

So I'm so confused.....Sassy ate 3 different pate flavors of Weruva last time and no gagging......Bought some more cans and a few pouches today, all Weruva, all Pate.....opened a pouch and she gagged twice and spit up a little bit once......Suggestions?
My 2 Cents... I read somewhere that some cats will gag or throw when making the transition from dry to wet. I just found the article.. its by Lisa Pierson..DVM..
entitled "Transitioning Feline Dry Food Addicts To Canned Wet Food". In part and I quote...

Another complaint that I often hear is that cats often regurgitate their canned food shortly after ingesting it. I confess that in the otherwise-healthy cat, I do not understand why cats do this. However, it is not an uncommon complaint and I urge people to stay the course if the cat seems to be healthy otherwise. One of my own cats did this a few times per week for many weeks after the transition – and then she stopped doing it. I tried to tell her how expensive the food was – and to please stop doing that, especially on carpet - but she ignored me.

Here is the link to the entire article.. Please read !!!

https://catinfo.org/docs/TipsForTransitioning1-14-11.pdf

Good Luck !!