New here and can't post? Read this

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
If you're a new member and you can't see the "Post a Reply" or "Post a new thread" buttons, you're not alone. We're working on fixing the issue!

TheCatSite was attacked by a group of spammers yesterday. In an effort to keep their spam off the site, we had to take some emergency security measures. Unfortunately, the spammers found a loophole and kept flooding the site with spam. If you never saw any of it, you can thank our moderators for being so swift and effective in catching the spam posts and banning the nasty spammers! 

While fighting the spammers, we had to put in even tighter security measures and unfortunately these seem to have had an unplanned - and highly undesired - effect of making the posting buttons disappear for all new users.

We are working to find a solution to the new problem. My apologies to all new members! We really do try to be more welcoming than that 
 If you are dealing with an urgent question, please send a private message to one of the team members and they may be able to help you either by manually fixing the permissions on your account or by directing you at a possible resource on the site.

Here's a list of team members -

http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/moderators/

As it happens, this is all taking place while I'm traveling (currently in Berlin) so if you need help please contact one of the moderators.

Hopefully we can fix the situation very soon. Thank you for your patience!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Anne.. This site is great.. good to know that we have security on it! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Thanks! There's a lot going on behind the scenes to keep the site safe from spammers and trolls.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Thank you, moderators! I didn't see any spam. TCS is a great site, and I can tell that it must be a lot of effort for the mod squad. You guys are awesome!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise

I did not see any spammers.. awesome job, Mods!!
Thank you, moderators! I didn't see any spam. TCS is a great site, and I can tell that it must be a lot of effort for the mod squad. You guys are awesome!
Thank you! And yes, we have an awesome team of mods. We have had some nasty attacks on the site over the years and more often than not our members don't even notice them because the mods are really good at  whack-a-spammer.