New Grand Champion!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I was waiting to see the title confirmed before I made the announcement

I am so pleased to announce our second Grand Champion for this show season, GC Mimesis Dance the Tango, aka "Pancake." She granded at the Magic in the Mountains show in Charleston, WV this past Saturday. Pancake is a silver Egyptian Mau female and the fourth grand for her mother, CH Emau's Serene Selene of Mimesis and the fifth grand for her father, GC, NW Emau's Dancin inthe Dark of Mautrix.

Pancake made it clear to me early on that she would not work for free. She insisted that she must be fed chicken baby food before and after each ring. Her logic was simple; Baby food = purrs. No baby food = naughty Pancake.

Her incredible coat, color, clarity, and contrast made bathtime a very short and simple affair. However, Pancake's love for food of all kinds kept me on my toes. Please imagine my shock and surprise when I found her face deep in a bag of cheetos right before a show. . . then later, pretzles, baked Lays, and unprotected sanwiches. Luckily for me, she loves to play almost as much as she loves to eat!

Pancake is now retiring to the good life where she cannot wait to get pregnant and enjoy all the perks of free feeding.

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats to a new grand (and the owner too). That was (I believe) Jack's breeder's club you went to. How many Oci's were there and can you email me finals for them if you wrote it down?

Thanks

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To Pancake

She's a pretty girl, best of luck with the upcoming mating.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Congrats to a new grand (and the owner too). That was (I believe) Jack's breeder's club you went to. How many Oci's were there and can you email me finals for them if you wrote it down?
Thank you, I'm glad to have her done. Just one more until Selene is a DM. . . keep your fingers crossed that her newest kittens like showing!

I think I have the catalogue tucked away somewhere in my show bag. I only stayed for Saturday, but you can see all of the finals here: http://www.catshows.us/almostheaven/10results.html

I'll have to dig through my bag to tell you what Ocis were there, but according to the breed summary, 9 were entered at the show.
http://www.catshows.us/almostheaven/10breedsum.html

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

To Pancake

She's a pretty girl, best of luck with the upcoming mating.
Thanks! Depending on what she gives me, I'd like to breed one of her daughters to PB so that I can have my first Mimesis x Mimesis breeding. Of course, we all know what can happen to the best laid plans!
But that's the goal for right now.

lauren_miller, thank you for the compliment

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

Congratulations!
That was quick!
Haha, was it?
I had her at a show nearly every weekend after she became a Champion. I took that age old advice to heart and "followed my judges." I also did my best to avoid competition. It couldn't be helped every weekend, but I am glad to be able to take a little bit of time off before I begin focusing on training my kittens for the show ring.

cococat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats, I very much liked reading about her, what a funny girl!

sohni

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Congratulations! She is a cutie, just like her sister... and other sister who lives at my house! Wonder what that makes us? Adoptive moms in law...

Hope she makes some beautiful babies and PB can get some action. I know what you mean about the home-bred thing. It will be quite some time for me, but we both have some nice stock to work with.

And btw - thanks for all the advice over the last two years

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sohni

Congratulations! She is a cutie, just like her sister... and other sister who lives at my house! Wonder what that makes us? Adoptive moms in law...
Something like that! We're all family in this breed

Hope she makes some beautiful babies and PB can get some action. I know what you mean about the home-bred thing. It will be quite some time for me, but we both have some nice stock to work with.
Luckily, PB has been an easy boy for me, so he hardly notices his lack of action. He still stays in my bedroom and sleeps in my arms at night, such a baby. Even if he never makes babies of his own, I adore him. Though I wouldn't mind some PB babies. . .

And btw - thanks for all the advice over the last two years
It's been a pleasure, and I'm so happy to see you enjoying the breed and having success in the showhall!

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by marsch21

Congratulations on your win. She is stunning.
Thank you, I had a lot of fun with her

Originally Posted by cococat

Congrats, I very much liked reading about her, what a funny girl!
Thanks! She really is a character