New Found Fun!

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Genever has recently renewed interest with "Grey Mouse", one of those classic tiny mice I got in a 3 pack of white, grey, and black way back before I even got her! She bats him all over the living room and carries it around, throws it in the air, and just generally attacks the heck out of him.

Even more recently, as in maybe 2 days ago, she finally realised that it's more fun to play in the kitchen (even though it's tiny) with the hard floor, because toys SLIDE! It's so fun to watch her go nuts!

Last night she was playing with Grey Mouse in the kitchen, and all of a sudden she wasn't anymore, and I didn't see him. So I ventured a look under the fridge, and look what I found! (pic taken after I washed the mega dust/dirt off them. ick.)

Not only GREY Mouse, but WHITE Mouse, BLUE Mouse (who came from the vet and was actually a favorite despite the fact it must have smelled like the vet), and 2 Pink Mice! I haven't seen those in at least 6 months! You can tell how early White Mouse was lost because he still has a tail.

Genever is so happy with her new-found long-lost friends, and I've had to fish a few out from under the fridge a few times already today.
Fun times!

(By the way, Black Mouse stays in the bedroom for some reason, that's where I put him, and that's the only place she plays with him. So he never got lost. Yet.)

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cute! I got Holland something similar to this one ages ago:

She never showed any interest in it. I knew the feathers detached, but I never tried giving her just the ball part until last night.
Oh my, how that kitty loves chasing that ball around the house!! And the best part is... it's TOO big to go under the couch!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice! I have 2 of those feather-ball things, they were to be xmas presents, but while I was wrapping presents (in front of the cat), Genever decided she had to have it now, so I just gave her one, and that is a big hit too, she loves feathers and spends a lot of time just licking and licking them, and chewing the ball. But recently the new favorite toys are the old small mice..

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The blue mouse sure looks like it has seen the worst! Must have been Genever's favorite before the grey mouse.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When we lived in a house, cleaning under the fridge, stove, and living room bookshelves, curio cabinet and cedar chest simply became part of the weekly cleaning.

mawilouwl

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Same for me, except mine prefer the springs:

They go nuts for these (mostly the wide ones) and they always end up under the stove and fridge!

lorie d.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweetie has a grey mouse also, but this one squeaks when it's played with just like a real mouse, so he really gets into chasing and pouncing on it. It's usually hidden away somewhere too.