New Food Suggestions For Vomiting & Diarrhea Issues

daryl the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Daryl got really sick Thursday/Friday--vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy. I thought it was pancreatitis based on the symptoms. However, the blood work didn't confirm it. My vet said I should consider allergies and hairballs as well. He's always been sensitive to food changes.

I currently feed him Blue Wilderness indoor chicken. Someone told me they were bought out by General Mills, which might explain why the color looks different now. He doesn't seem to like it as much anymore. I know a lot of people don't like Blue.

So I'm ready to change to something that's good for him and easier on his stomach. Any suggestions welcome!

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi!
Here are a few you could consider;
Fancy Feast, Merrick Backcountry, Natural Balance, Tiki Cat, Chewy . com's Tiny Tiger or Miko, Tractor Supply's Paws and Claws or their 4Health variety, or Sheba.

For hairballs or even the possibility of, I'm using Nutri-Vet salmon flavored Hairball Paw Gel, thanks to @maggiedemi :)

:vibes: :crossfingers: :heartshape:

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
How is your cat doing? my cats got sick last week. Still not over it and taking a stool sample in tomorrow :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

daryl the cat

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No new episodes, thankfully! I'm in the process of switching him to Natural Balance LID turkey and have eliminated all fish. I've been mixing the kibble in with his current food. I decided to try NB because my dog is on the NB lamb for his allergies and is doing well on it. Fingers crossed.

momof3b1g, hope you've gotten some answers with your kitty!

momof3b1g

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No new episodes, thankfully! I'm in the process of switching him to Natural Balance LID turkey and have eliminated all fish. I've been mixing the kibble in with his current food. I decided to try NB because my dog is on the NB lamb for his allergies and is doing well on it. Fingers crossed.

momof3b1g, hope you've gotten some answers with your kitty!
Yes but its not good news. They have clostridium:(