NEW Family Portraits: Thomas, Cooper, Abby

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was playing around with my new camera today and decided to get some new family pictures of Thomas, Cooper, and Abby. Thomas and Abby were easy because they actually sat still....but Cooper is really difficult to photograph. One because of his color (I should have used a different color background for him) and two because he just won't sit still!

The boys will be 8 months old on Wednesday.

mistys mum

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
beautiful, beautiful cats love the green eyes. Digital cameras are fun arn't they.

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Robin,

I didn't think it was possible to have better pictures than what you already had with your old camera. WOW ! Those are perfect! Thomas is just his Mom made over.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by captiva

Robin,

I didn't think it was possible to have better pictures than what you already had with your old camera. WOW ! Those are perfect! Thomas is just his Mom made over.
Thanks Chris. I am getting better with this new camera, but I still have a long way to go. Thomas does resemble his mom, but his hair is different and his face is shaped different. Funny thing is.....Abby seems to like Thomas better. She gets annoyed with Cooper all the time and swats at him to get away from her whenever he tries to head butt her or love on her. I think she's still holding a grudge from when she got spayed and Cooper was bugging her when she didn't feel good.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my, I love that picture of Thomas! It's just amazing! I mean, the others are fantastic (of course!) but that first one is great... actually I also love the one of Abby, she looks so feminine!

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those are beautiful portraits, Robin. You know I'm a huge fan of Abby so I'm partial to that one. She's just such a beauty -- I can't get over it!

P.S. Maybe you could open up a side business -- taking portraits of people's cats? Those are amazing photos.

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Oh my, I love that picture of Thomas! It's just amazing! I mean, the others are fantastic (of course!) but that first one is great... actually I also love the one of Abby, she looks so feminine!
I know! Doesn't she look so feminine? It's so cute!! I love the fact that she flirts with "Big" -- the feral cat that Robin cares for.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by pinkdaisy226

Thanks....yeah that one of Thomas is my favorite. I love the expression on his face. And yes Abby is always very feminine. In fact, I laugh at her because of the way she always crosses her paws when she lays down. She's looking a lot better now too since she's beginning to gain some weight. She got so tiny after the boys were born that she almost looked malnourished in my opinion. She got down to about 5 pounds and was just too skinny. Now that she's been fixed, she has settled down a lot and is eating better and is beginning to look healthy again like she did when she was pregnant. (she weighed about 8 pounds when she was pregnant...which is still petite for a pregnant cat)

Thomas is ALL boy though. He sits spread-eagled against things half the time and licks himself.
And well Cooper....is just Cooper. Can't really describe him other than he's still my little cry baby and needs a lot of love and kisses to make him happy and feel secure. He's such a character and has a personality like no other.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by SnowLeop

Those are beautiful portraits, Robin. You know I'm a huge fan of Abby so I'm partial to that one. She's just such a beauty -- I can't get over it!

P.S. Maybe you could open up a side business -- taking portraits of people's cats? Those are amazing photos.
I would love to be a pet photographer....I think it would be so much fun. I tell you what though.....I'd earn my money for sure! Animals are a lot more difficult to photograph than people because they just don't do what you tell them to.

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
By the way....the boys are up to about 11 pounds now! Can you believe they are almost twice as big as their mom? (and they're still growing)

amy-dhh

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
The two of Thomas and Abby look excellent. Looks like you might have a slight green/cyan color-cast to them, but you could correct that in photoshop pretty easily... and it's just a tiny little bit. Overall they look great!

What kind of camera? I just got a new one myself at the end of January...

clixpix

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yay! New pictures!
Abby and the boys just keep getting prettier and prettier...and I would have sworn that's just not possible!

If Cooper's too needy, you can always ship him up here...I'd be glad to give him all the attention he needs!

kittykook

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Amy-DHH

The two of Thomas and Abby look excellent. Looks like you might have a slight green/cyan color-cast to them, but you could correct that in photoshop pretty easily... and it's just a tiny little bit. Overall they look great!

What kind of camera? I just got a new one myself at the end of January...
Thanks Amy. The color is actually pretty accurate since I have green walls in my bedroom.
You're right though....I did try to adjust the color balance a little and it made the color look wrong to me since I know what color they actually are and what the background looks like.

I got a Nikon D70 in February. I'm really enjoying it a lot. But I still have a lot to learn. What kind of camera did you get?