New Egyptian Mau Grand and DM!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks to both of you. Jack got a Best SH Premier AB yesterday at the show - I think another 9 pts.

There's a smoke Mau at the show (alter) - but the owner spoils her cats way too much - he's very overweight, but nice type/color. I'd print out some of your pics of your cats, but I'm afraid to embarase her too much. She knows he weighs too much. The judges were as kind as possible about the overweight comments.

About how much does a normal male weigh in proper condition? Jack's about 11 1/2 lbs and I think he's a bit too heavy still (was 12 lbs). Maus are smaller then Oci's right? This guy's got to be over 13 lbs.

BTW grooming is a breeze - Jack gets a bath on Thursday be for the show in just normal Jorebe shampoo, air dry and a quick comb at the show on Saturday morning with the flea comb. You don't use a comb on him when wet or it will leave lines in the coat.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ferriscat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Thanks to both of you. Jack got a Best SH Premier AB yesterday at the show - I think another 9 pts.

There's a smoke Mau at the show (alter) - but the owner spoils her cats way too much - he's very overweight, but nice type/color. I'd print out some of your pics of your cats, but I'm afraid to embarase her too much. She knows he weighs too much. The judges were as kind as possible about the overweight comments.

About how much does a normal male weigh in proper condition? Jack's about 11 1/2 lbs and I think he's a bit too heavy still (was 12 lbs). Maus are smaller then Oci's right? This guy's got to be over 13 lbs.

BTW grooming is a breeze - Jack gets a bath on Thursday be for the show in just normal Jorebe shampoo, air dry and a quick comb at the show on Saturday morning with the flea comb. You don't use a comb on him when wet or it will leave lines in the coat.
Way to go Jack!! Don't you dare give up on him!

Inquiring minds want to know--who was the smoke alter? Please PM me with the details, if you don't mind

A Mau male in proper condition should weight between 8-10 lbs. They are without question smaller than the Oci
I've heard that the ideal Oci should be one of the largest shorthair breeds, pound for pound when you consider their muscular mass.

Sounds like Oci grooming is a bit like Mau grooming, though the devil is always in the details. I sometimes feel like I have to reinvent the wheel with every coat in order to figure out that perfect combination of shampoo/conditioners/texturizers/sprays.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GoldenKitty45

Great news, go Jack

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Goooooooooooooo Jack!

And LOL on how to groom an Oci, that's what you'd think is right for an Aby too, but you'd be wrong!

Even on a neuter, i attend to a full show groom - degrease, cleansing, enhancing (where necessary) and balancing. Took me two years to perfect it but hey, resilience in an Aby coat aint THAT easy to achieve!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I guess it more of a combo of the Aby and Siamese coats that gives it a different routine. And agree that color sometimes requires slightly different on the shampoo. I think I'll need to go get the darker shampoo now since I'll be getting a chocolate instead of choc-silver. But with Charlie, I was using a "white" shampoo on him and it was ok.

Will play "experiment"....lol

Jack did get another Best SH Premier on Sunday - so we went home with 2 finals!

I have to apologize for getting off topic...........again in a thread

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Originally Posted by Abymummy

Goooooooooooooo Jack!

And LOL on how to groom an Oci, that's what you'd think is right for an Aby too, but you'd be wrong!

Even on a neuter, i attend to a full show groom - degrease, cleansing, enhancing (where necessary) and balancing. Took me two years to perfect it but hey, resilience in an Aby coat aint THAT easy to achieve!
When I first started showing Merlin I thought an aby was basically a wash-and-wear type cat. Wrong! Several aby breeders at the shows have given me tips over the last year, but I still haven't worked out a good system. In fact, whatever I did for the last show really messed up his coat and it still doesn't look good a month later.

I'm taking him to another show next Saturday and could use some ideas for getting him to look good again. What specific products do you use? That's assuming I can even get them here.

Sorry, another

Back to the OP. They're all beautiful cats, but I think Poker Face is my favorite. Or maybe Pancake. Nope, Poker Face.

motoko9

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by FerrisCat

Go smokes! You have good taste
I adore my baby-girl Espresso
I don't think I had ever seen a Mau until I started attending CFA shows in my area. I love the smokes! If I didn't already have three cats...

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by motoko9

I don't think I had ever seen a Mau until I started attending CFA shows in my area. I love the smokes! If I didn't already have three cats...
You know even numbers are better

Ferris and Sohni have done a great job converting me into a smoke fan too.