New Cell Phone

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
yea they both got that phone when they got a plan and had it replaced for free once by cingular and now both are having to get new ones. Ones screen just randomly dies completely and the other hers fries all of the sim cards they put in it. I thought it was funny I had a choice between that phone and my razr for free when I got my new plan!
I had an LG (cant remember the name) it survived getting ran over in the rain and still worked, just the screen was cracked. I couldnt even tell it was ran over lol!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Roxie225

BF and I both have AT&T... I have a Nokia that came free with my plan and I can definately say to stear clear of them! It is so chimsy and cheap, I have had it since December and already need a new phone. BF just had to buy a new phone, he got an LG brand new from eBay for around $130 shipped. It is a great phone and I have heard other great things about the brand. I am partial to Motorola though since I had 2 of them in the past and they were the best and most reliable phones I have ever had... lets just say that they def. withstand water and emotional, um, outbursts! BUT, I have heard mixed reviews on the Razr, so you may wanna look into that a little more if you're interested in that phone.

And regarding your SIM... if your numbers aren't stored directly to the SIM and you are unable to do so blind you may never get them. I had a problem with that a while back and Cingular was not able to retrieve them because I had all my contacts stored directly to my phone and not the SIM. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but I could be wrong, maybe they can do so now. It was about 2 years ago anyways.

Good luck hun!
Ya, I have my reasons for liking Motorola. Mostly that I had one with Nextel and got into a car wreck which involved my phone being ejected from my car and landing some 3 yards away in the street. It was barely scratched and worked like nothing happened to it!

The lady at the store said that as long as the phone turns on (which is does) they can move my contacts. I'm still expecting the worst there though so I won't be disappointed if they can't.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CarolPetunia

Another vote for the RAZR -- best phone I've ever had!
Yeah, I LOVE my Razr! I've had it about 6 months... best phone ever! I drop it daily (concrete even!!) and it still looks & works like brand new!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by capt_jordi

How long have you had yours? Hopefully you got the better batch!
i'm pretty sure i've had it over a year, dropped it several times, still works. my dad & mom have the same model, no problems. dad managed to crack the screen of his, but it still works, just isn't as pretty

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I wanted to test some phones in store, so I dropped the dispaly RAZR. Shattered into a bajillion pieces. No good for me. I got some cheap-ish Motorola camera phone. It holds up when I drop it, so I'm G2G!

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Motorola E815. Solid. Durable. Cheap. Discontinued. Love it.

Next phone will be a smart phone. QWERTY keyboard. Electronic crack.

I wish we never had cell phones. They steal your life.

godiva

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a Samsung Sync. It's metallic cherry red. I really like it and it has a lot of features for being the "free" phone when you get a new contract. My other choice was a Razr, but the model they offered me didn't have as many features as the Sync. They had newer models of the Razr that I didn't qualify for.

Here's a Sync:
http://www4.shopping.com/xPO-Samsung...Cingular-Store

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, I'm leaning toward the RAZR V3 but the Sync looks nice too.

For you RAZR owners, does it have a silent mode?

Acutally, same question about the Sync... also, does the sync have blue tooth? Never mind, I see that it does have blue tooth.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Well, I'm leaning toward the RAZR V3 but the Sync looks nice too.

For you RAZR owners, does it have a silent mode?

Acutally, same question about the Sync... also, does the sync have blue tooth? Never mind, I see that it does have blue tooth.
Yup, it has silent... and vibrate... and everything else!

Nat-- the Razr broke when you dropped it?? I drop mine DAILY... a few scratches here & there, but my screen is still 100% in tact along with everything else & works like a d-r-e-am. I love it because its so thin & sleek, plus I'm gonna get the pretty pink cover for it soon

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ya, I loke motorola too much to get something else I think. The RAZR and the Sync are very similar so now I'm just trying to find the best deal on a RAZR.

Oh, and my contacts are lost. They couldn't retrieve them at the store and it seems that my old phone doesn't want to stay turned on anymore.
That'll teach me to not keep my contacts in my Dell!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My vote is always for the Samsung phones.

I currently have a razor. My sister has a razor. Three of my friends have razors... they all have the same problems (even though some of those problems didn't develop until after the person had the phone for awhile).. my sister and I have had problems with ours from the very beginning. They shut themselves off. They're confused about how much charge they have. They reboot themselves. Their tiny brains suffer from errors regularly. It loses things you save to the memory. They're nonstop problems.

Now, above and beyond that... I also dislike the features. The address book doesn't have the feature that you can put someone's name in and then add in multiple numbers for that person. It only allows you to put in one name/one number per entry. I *hate* this feature. It crowds my phone book and makes looking for a phone number more difficult.

It has a silent mode. Another feature that it has that I can't stand is if someone calls you more than once, it lumps their phone calls together under one entry in missed/received phone calls and only shows you the time for the last phone call. It gets horrible reception.

Samsungs get far better reception than anything else I've had (and side by side it got cell service with three other phones of different makes and models, same cell provider).. crystal clear service.

babyharley

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

Ya, I loke motorola too much to get something else I think. The RAZR and the Sync are very similar so now I'm just trying to find the best deal on a RAZR.

Oh, and my contacts are lost. They couldn't retrieve them at the store and it seems that my old phone doesn't want to stay turned on anymore.
That'll teach me to not keep my contacts in my Dell!
I might have missed this- but what company are you with? When John & I got our RAZRs we got them both 2 for 1... I think it was like $50 per phone after the $200 rebate we got back... check it out! We have Midwest Wireless... which just switched to Alltell Wireless.

capt_jordi

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
my razr was free
Yea I drop my razr alot, but now I have a plastic shell for it to keep it nice and safe

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

My vote is always for the Samsung phones.

I currently have a razor. My sister has a razor. Three of my friends have razors... they all have the same problems (even though some of those problems didn't develop until after the person had the phone for awhile).. my sister and I have had problems with ours from the very beginning. They shut themselves off. They're confused about how much charge they have. They reboot themselves. Their tiny brains suffer from errors regularly. It loses things you save to the memory. They're nonstop problems.

Now, above and beyond that... I also dislike the features. The address book doesn't have the feature that you can put someone's name in and then add in multiple numbers for that person. It only allows you to put in one name/one number per entry. I *hate* this feature. It crowds my phone book and makes looking for a phone number more difficult.

It has a silent mode. Another feature that it has that I can't stand is if someone calls you more than once, it lumps their phone calls together under one entry in missed/received phone calls and only shows you the time for the last phone call. It gets horrible reception.

Samsungs get far better reception than anything else I've had (and side by side it got cell service with three other phones of different makes and models, same cell provider).. crystal clear service.
My husband's Seimens has the same reboot/power off/brain error problems. My old Motorola (V551) is apparently has a lot of the same features that you don't like. I don't mind them really. Phone book entries is one of them but I could set it to display JUST the "primary" phone number for each person so I don't see their name multiple times in the phone book. I LOVE silent mode. So many phones have vibrate but NOT silent. My old phone also lumped call history. If say my husband called me 2 times and no one else called in the interim it will only show the last time he called. I don't miss many calls and I usually only return those that leave me a VM so that doesn't bother me either.

Originally Posted by babyharley

I might have missed this- but what company are you with? When John & I got our RAZRs we got them both 2 for 1... I think it was like $50 per phone after the $200 rebate we got back... check it out! We have Midwest Wireless... which just switched to Alltell Wireless.
I'm with AT&T. I actually just ordered the RAZR V3 on-line so all I'm paying is the $18 transfer fee and my phone should be here next week. I also some how managed to get a slight discount on my monthly rate. When I bought my last phone (with Cingular) I was supposed to get a $50 rebate... well, they screwed up and I got 2! So not only was my phone free but they paid me $50!