New cat very aggressive to old cat. NEED HELP!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gatolover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
  1. She lied to you. It's incredibly hard to find adoptive homes for kittens in your area right now, but she wanted this cat enough that she lied in order to get it. Why???!
  2. She's obviously incapable of listening or she wouldn't have gotten bitten, which means she's an idiot as well.
  3. The person who facilitated the adoption also lied about taking in the cat if it didn't work out. Did he or she lie about the original owner planning to desert the cat as well? It sounds like the original owner is more concerned about the cat's welfare than the "facilitator."
  4. Since the woman who adopted the cat from you is clearly an idiot, it's fairly safe to assume that she isn't up-to-date on her tetanus vaccinations and is unlikely to think of that herself. For your own safety, find some way to advise her that she needs to see a doctor about the cat bite, and document that you've done so. Cat bites are incredibly dangerous, and the deeper the bite the greater the danger.
Margret
Yes it's a huge red flag that she lied to get it. I wonder if she wanted an intact cat to breed with her kitty? Did she just find him extremely cute? She's allowing the original owner to visit the kitty so I don't think she plans on harming him in any way. I hope I'm not being naive here. I did make a plan of action with the original owner and we will do anything to get him back if it means we're saving the cat from a bad life. Thing is we don't know if she's just kooky but a great pet parent or is it worse than that? We will find out soon.

Yep she's an idiot. I really couldn't believe how quickly she stuck her hand in. I stepped away for 2 min and I came back to that. I also noticed she was shoving her face up to his carrier and when I told her be careful she said oh no its ok I'm a cat person. She spent the next day telling me I was messed up for taking this cat in when I have a cat. Ok why did she take him in then when she lied about having a cat?

When it comes to the original owner and the facilitator I'm going to cut them some slack. The original owner really loved this cat but couldn't take him to the new apartment. They have a strict no pets policy. He got a chance to explain his situation to me, and tbh he's a really young guy going through financial hardships. No one in his social circle wanted to adopt the cat. He doesn't have the luxury of waiting it out for another apartment. We live in a city that has the highest rent increase post pandemic so unfortunately this is happening more and more with people having to let go of pets. I agree the whole releasing him back into the wild was crazy but I don't know if he was just saying that to get people more eager to help. The facilitator wanted to help by getting the cat into a home but probably wanted no part of the problem after she saw how the cat was acting. When she picked the cat up to meet with me, the cat broke out of his carrier in her car and started lashing out. She seemed scared of him and the idea of taking him back probably went out the window after that.

I have numerous texts of me advising her to go to the hospital. I did worry that I would get into some kind of legal trouble because of her dumb move.

gatolover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
both mine are brothers and semi feral their father was a tomcat and he was completely feral and took a long time for them to get familiar and trust me and one of them only lets me touch him after a full 5 years it really just depends on how much human interaction they had when young but even now if a stranger comes over they run away and hide can’t get close
That’s why I never adopted them out it would be so hard for them to adjust like a regular cat
Were they kittens when you adopted them? This cat was a kitten when they took him in, like under 2 months .

gatolover77

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow! What a saga. It’s weird that the lady who adopted him from you lied about her cat passing. I agree she prob never rescued ferals since she doesn’t seem to know much about cats! It’s also weird that the original owner cares at all what’s going on since he or she was ready to abandon the cat in the first place! Your heart is in the right place trying to help this poor kitty. I hope it all works out
The fact that she lied makes me want to go get him back. It really rubs me the wrong way. Thanks for saying that because I've been feeling like complete crap over the situation.