New cat tree is a hit!

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
So, my boy Friday is a 10 year old former barn cat turned indoor-only cat. He's adjusting quite well to being an indoor cat; he's pretty sure he was always destined for pampering. I have a room in my house that is blocked off for him (no dogs allowed) and he has a table in there that's by the window that faces the backyard so he can watch birds and squirrels - which he loves. However, I've been working to get him to come out to the living area more so I bought him a cat tree. I didn't have a lot of faith he'd like it - I bought him a window seat previously and he didn't like it at all - but I was hoping he'd like to be up high and he'd appreciate not being stepped on by my pup.

Well, he LOVES it. He's a lazy cat, so most of the time he just sleeps at the top (or in the box since it's getting colder and it's all cozy in there). But he actually plays on it! I swear he's never been very frisky in his life so this is just awesome to see.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, he loves that tree - it looks very sturdy, too. What is the make & model? I am always trying to find sturdy trees to recommend. Your dog is huge - I would not want to be stepped on by him, either. Congratulations on a lovely pet family.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KittyFriday

🐱
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks! It's an Amarkat 78" cat tree - it's on Chewy for $116 but I bought on eBay for $90. Either way a good price for such a tall tree! It fits behind my couch which is nice and also why my dog looks so big there - he's really only 28 lbs :lol: but still not fun for Friday to be stepped on.

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Awws, I love to see cats enjoying their lives like they deserve. He sure does love it! :)

BTW, that dog is cute too!