New Cat Owner

Wedgie cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi all,

I adopted a norwegian cross cat around 2 months ago. She was previously a street cat and is approx 9 months old.

I'm a first time cat owner and would appreciate any advice as to how to keep her as healthy and happy as possible. I've done lots of reading but I'm worried I'm missing something she needs!

She's been taken to the vet and has been vaccinated and is healthy. The vet advised to give her malt paste so I'm currently getting her used to this and having her teeth brushed with cat toothpaste. She doesn't love either of these but we're taking it slow and getting there!

She's an indoor only cat.

She's fed a mix of Orijen dry food with Ziwipeak air dried food in the morning and then Ziwipeak wet cat food in the evening. I try and mix between the flavours of the wet food so she doesn't get bored but unfortuantely cab't get the chicken variety where I live at the moment so it's mainly the lamb and beef versions she gets. I occasionally give her the applaws chicken so she isn't bored but she much prefers the Ziwipeak. Her food is in a metal bowl, water in ceramic.

She has lots of toy mice, a cat tree, some other soft cat toys.

She bites very occassionally but usually stops if you tell her no.

She's indifferent towards other cats, mainly I think due to having to survie on the streets so I only have her at the moment.

Sorry for the long post, but is there anything I am missing for her? I'm just nervous that she's missing something important.

Many thanks

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Congrats on being a new cat "parent". :petcat:Sounds like things are going well. :catrub:

If you can, feel free to post a picture of your girl. :camera:
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post

TCS has some articles you may find helpful. Here are the links:

First-time Cat Owner's Guide
Bringing Home A New Cat - The Complete Guide

Bored Cat? What Cat Owners Need To Know (including 10 Actionable Tips)
Playing With Your Cat: 10 Things You Need To Know
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats)

How To Deal With Cat "love Bites"?