New Cat owner from Taiwan!

taiwancat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Well...I must admit...I'm usually a dog lover...I had two when I lived back in Canada. Now, I've been here in Taiwan for 3 years and have just recently got my first cat! He was a rescue cat...as many are here in taiwan...and him being black is even more 'faux pas' in taiwan (bad luck). But...I took him (better than being out on the street) and love him! I got him when he was 7 weeks old and now he's 10 months. I gave him a birthday since I have no clue how old he really is (September 21). Since I got him and he was eating soft food I looked up when cats eat soft food and hard food...so he's now 10 months, lol. Cats in Taiwan are very very talkative...still not used to that.
but he;s getting better. I actually get about 6 hours sleep now instead of 4 before being woken up by him meowing away. The poor guy just got neutered today...not a happy cat...any tips would be appreciated as i have no clue what to do and rely on research and my friend (who's been raised with cats her whole life in England). I live in a small apartment with a very small balcony (not big enough for people but big enough for some plants and a small potted garden for my cat and my herbs, lol). I'm almost done that so i hope he will like that! Thanks for listening!!!

kitytize

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello, Welcome to TCS! Thanx for rescuing that baby and getting him neutered!

whiskerynature

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi, taiwancat!

Welcome to TCS...
... I love this place, and you will, too. If you ever need any kitty advice, don't forget to search the forums...or just hang out in the Cat Lounge!

P.S. I might be headed your way later this summer
...trying to get a research fellowship at a hospital in Taipei

kalikat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello & welcome to TCS. My Blossom is also 10 m/o. Sept. 8th. At least that's the date the vet gave her the 1st time I took her there, when she was about 3 weeks old. We must be going through the same stage about now. Blossom gets the zoomies quite often & there isn't a spot in the house she doesn't go. Top of cupboards, wardrobes & door pelmets.

mooficat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
and hello to you and your new kitty - its wonderful that you took him in

Well I am sure you're going to love it around here
theres always lots to do and see and theres always someone on hand for those kitty type questions

Glad you dropped in to join us and enjoy the forums

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!
!........

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

See you on the forums!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there
we're so happy to get the chance to welcome you and your new kitty to TCS. I'm sure you'll enjoy your stay with us - we're one great big family and you'll find loads of friends here. If I can help at all while you're finding your way around TCS just click on my username and send me a Personal Message - I'll do what I can to answer your questions

Thank you so much for rescuing this kitty - I hope he gets over his neutering quickly