New Cat...help With Colour?

Mshoneybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hey all,
I have a new kitten, and am trying to work out her color...she has an “M”, so has tabby, but i think she may be a dilute Caliby, can anyone help?

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She’s so pretty! I think your description is spot-on! I would describe her coloring as dilute caliby as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mshoneybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s so pretty! I think your description is spot-on! I would describe her coloring as dilute caliby as well.
Thanks! We think she is pretty too. Thanks for your feedback on the colour also!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
To me she looks pretty dark for a dilute. From these pictures, I would describe her as a brown mackerel patched tabby and white (also known as a brown mackerel torbie and white, or brown mackerel caliby). Are the dark parts of her pattern black, or gray? If she has any black markings, she is full color, not dilute.

Mshoneybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
To me she looks pretty dark for a dilute. From these pictures, I would describe her as a brown mackerel patched tabby and white (also known as a brown mackerel torbie and white, or brown mackerel caliby). Are the dark parts of her pattern black, or gray? If she has any black markings, she is full color, not dilute.
Thanks! I think they are a dark grey, but am not sure. I am sure her colour on the other side is a lighter grey. Have not heard of this colour, so will check it out! Thanks again!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have more pictures of her in different lighting? That might help.

Mshoneybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She has never been handled before we caught her, although a person was feeding the litter of kittens and their mum. It has been hard to get photos, but she is getting quieter now. I have included some other photos. She is much darker on one side than the other

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We often see torties and torbies that are lighter on one side than the other, because of the randomness of the red and non-red patches. I still can't tell for sure from these pictures if she is dilute or full color, but feel free to come back and post more pictures any time :)

Mshoneybee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We often see torties and torbies that are lighter on one side than the other, because of the randomness of the red and non-red patches. I still can't tell for sure from these pictures if she is dilute or full color, but feel free to come back and post more pictures any time :)
Thanks, will get more soon, it is nearly midnight here, so I am off to bed!