New Cat Daddy - Meet Kiki

KiKiOmnigod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I adopted this cutie at the San Jose Animal Shelter.. She was Born May5th.. they said she was 8 weeks old from Jun 30th ..
The Advisor who talked to us for the adoption was the actual foster mother who brought kiki in to see if someone would adopt her if not.. she would of kept her. .
I was
1000009246.jpg
1000009210.jpg
1000009166.jpg
1000009153.jpg
1000008930.jpg
1000008939.jpg
1000008766.jpg
wondering whats her mix ? .... can anyone help ? I leaning on getting a dna test later on the year.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi, welcome to both of you!

What an absolute doll - be sure and feed her as much as she wants to eat, until she's at least a year old, and a variety of brands as well as styles (pate, chunk in gravy etc) can make your life a lot easier down the road in helping avoid having her become a picky eater.

leaning on getting a dna test later on the year.
I know that for dogs it can be fun and interesting, it might be for cats as well :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KiKiOmnigod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, welcome to both of you!

What an absolute doll - be sure and feed her as much as she wants to eat, until she's at least a year old, and a variety of brands as well as styles (pate, chunk in gravy etc) can make your life a lot easier down the road in helping avoid having her become a picky eater.

I know that for dogs it can be fun and interesting, it might be for cats as well :)

Yeah she has her staple food kitten purena one , and i mix wet food every 3 days. And on weekends ill mix dry wet and cooked chicken/beef meats. She doesnt really go crazy over treats yet besides the soupy treat packs

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I think she is a "washing-sure" domestic long hair... As sweet they can be!

Tabby and white... With longhairs its often difficult which exactly tabby pattern it is. You perhaps will se it on the side.... If not earlier, so if you need to cut down the hair by some reason; perhaps during a hot summer.

KiKiOmnigod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think she is a "washing-sure" domestic long hair... As sweet they can be!

Tabby and white... With longhairs its often difficult which exactly tabby pattern it is. You perhaps will se it on the side.... If not earlier, so if you need to cut down the hair by some reason; perhaps during a hot summer.
Wait.. " washing-sure" ? Haha

thefiresidecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
is she a polydactyl? I thought maybe I saw an extra toe in one of those pics. she is beyond adorable and will be a gorgeous cat. the dna tests are fun and have health information. I always do them on cats I get now. I think with such small babies it's hard to tell what breed they resemble most.

KiKiOmnigod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
is she a polydactyl? I thought maybe I saw an extra toe in one of those pics. she is beyond adorable and will be a gorgeous cat. the dna tests are fun and have health information. I always do them on cats I get now. I think with such small babies it's hard to tell what breed they resemble most.
I looked and it does look like she has extra toes on both fronts but i physically checked.. its her toe tufts.. thick

KiKiOmnigod

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok.. she is a poly .. i didnt know having a thumb and the back of her front paws has a little nub ? .. its different on other cats where the front toes has extra .. my mistake

Binxie

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I adopted this cutie at the San Jose Animal Shelter.. She was Born May5th.. they said she was 8 weeks old from Jun 30th ..
The Advisor who talked to us for the adoption was the actual foster mother who brought kiki in to see if someone would adopt her if not.. she would of kept her. .
I was View attachment 454372View attachment 454373View attachment 454374View attachment 454375View attachment 454376View attachment 454377View attachment 454378wondering whats her mix ? .... can anyone help ? I leaning on getting a dna test later on the year.
So beautiful, love her eyes.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful. I can see why the foster mom was willing to keep her.

I wouldn't bother with the DNA test. I hear they aren't reliable and as most cats, she is likely a domestic cat anyways.