New bengal kitten

inanna

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't offer up any advice about whether or not this kitten is purebred. I don't know enough about breeding/genetics to throw out theories about the father.... but I will say this:

Whether or not OP buys this kitten - no matter what, it needs a home. If OP doesn't buy it, some one else will. OP (amstar2123) has said no matter what, she loves the kitty and wants to provide it a good home. In my very humble opinion $600 is well worth the vaccines, vet examination, and the one year guarantee on kitty's health.

How far away is the breeder from you amstar2123? Any chance you can have a visit to see mama, kittens, and hopefully daddy before you make the purchase final? That might help alleviate some of your concerns.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amstar2123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update!....I received a text yesterday saying our kitten we put the deposit down had died :( mom stopped nursing and our kitten wouldn't eat on its own . Breeder says she tried bottle feeding for a week but still lost her. I couldn't bare to tell my kids their 1st pet died before even meeting it so we found one 20 minutes from home 9wks old and ready for furrever home :) this kitten is gorgeous!! Came right in and made herself at home! No hiding or being timid. Played with an 8 yr old, 2 yr old, and 18 mo old. Let them pick her up and everything! Ate, drank, and used litter box! On the way home with her I get a text from the original breeder telling me she messed up and our kitten was in fact alive and eating well...she got her clients mixed up!! Wow!! God works in great ways! Looking back at the pics I think we were originally buying from a kitty mill. Adults look unsocialized and pissed off. And nursery is just an empty litterbox. When we picked up our little girl, mom was wonderful! Came right up to us and didn't seem nervous at all about us being around her baby. These cats were socialized and well taken care of! So glad everything worked out for the best! And this one actually comes with papers. Original said she didn't have breeding rights on dad which I found suspicious. I just hope our original kitten finds a great home! Here are some pics of our little girl we got today!

Last edited by a moderator:

amstar2123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry haven't been on in awhile but just posted update! Original kitten was 2 1/2 hrs away. Things couldn't have worked out better!

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is gorgeous, love that spotty tummy and her little rosettes.  You have not included your location in your profile, and it would be nice to know where you are.  You should write a positive review of that breeder including pretty much what you just said in your post, because obviously that's the sort of breeder other people would like to buy from.  How wonderful that this kitten was available at just the right time and close to you as well!  It looks like the Cat Goddess was watching out for you.  As for the other kitten, the Cat Goddess is probably watching out for her too.  If the breeder did lose a kitten and got the buyers mixed up (which could be just another story, you never know) then perhaps the other people will take the kitten you were supposed to get, and will give her a good home. 

amstar2123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes we were very lucky!! I'm from Eaton Oh. The breeder is from Brookville Oh. I don't feel comfortable giving her name without permission but I found her on Hoobly. She only has 1 female and I don't know how involved she is with breeding. But she is a wonderful lady and takes very good care of her pets!! If ever looking for a bengal I would suggest looking on Hoobly and if you see one from Brookville Oh I'm sure it's her [emoji]128522[/emoji] I just hope the kittens from the other breeder are in good health and find happy furever homes!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Sorry haven't been on in awhile but just posted update! Original kitten was 2 1/2 hrs away. Things couldn't have worked out better!
Yes, this here even does  has looks of a decent bengal. Probably no stunning show quality, but you dont need to hesitate twice this is a bengal for real.

Selling a kitten at 9 weeks is no serious breeding, but still, very well raised, healthy, friendly mom, its surely better than the typical BYB, thus acceptable even for us.

And the original kitten and original breeder?  I suppose the original kitten whom is actually alive, can go instead of his late sibling.  Easy swich, and nobody will find any difference nor care much.

Btw, did you got back the prepayed money?  You should, at least, you should if the kitten died for real, and you got no kitten from there.  So the breeder should propose this automatically together with the info the kitten died.

You are the big winner in this.

Did you tell your children the original one was supposed to be dead?   Or did you wisely pretend it WAS the kitten they waited for?

amstar2123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We did not tell our kids about the original kitten. I couldn't bring myself to do it so we searched all day and came across our little girl! So kids are happy and clueless [emoji]128516[/emoji] We're hoping the family of the actual dead kitten gets ours and they give it a loving home! The breeder said she will be mailing our deposit back so we'll have to wait and see if she follows through. We're enjoying getting to know our little girl and so happy things worked out the way they did!