New Baby Kitty Need Some Help

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 12 week old Maine coon mix kitten. He came home with fleas so treated him with Frontline for his size. He was eating like a monster and always screaming lol I ran out of sheeba and so I gave him fancy feast since he wouldn't eat the kitten food. The next morning he had diarrhea. Took him to the vet he gave him a dewormer and some anti diarrhea meds. Today can't make him eat he threw up twice so I gave him water and baby food chicken in a syringe. He is playing which is odd. Has anyone else had this happen I'm going to get no sleep because I'm so worried. He had another appt at the vet tomorrow.

Lalka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since how long is he living with you? So he was sick after the first meal of fancy feast and was fine with Sheeba? I never buy these brands but look at the ingredients...he could be allergic to something in the fancy feast? carageenan in cat food can upset their tummy, make sure your food dont have any.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It could be all the different foods AND the medications that are upsetting his tummy. See what the Vet has to say before getting too worried.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update::: vet kept him a couple of hours gave him some tummy med he ate a tablespoon of food for the vet. They did an xray said they seen nothing wrong in there. Brought him home he is tired but I'm sure he is its been a stressful day. BUT he pooped the first part was running and the end is forming so yay never been so happy to see poop! He isn't eating for me yet but I'm hoping he will soon...vet gave him a water bump so he won't get dehydrated.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well now my older cat is throwing up and acting odd omg I think I'm going to go crazy. The vet says he can't find anything wrong maybe it's a virus since him and the little baby are sick days apart.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How are they now? Hopefully both are back to normal :crossfingers:

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
All the sudden like overnight jinx is fine but my older one is still a little punky