Neutered

Katttttttt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my cat just got neutered and I have experienced some problems. He’s 7 months old and after we got him back he was full of energy which is unusual to me. He’s a very active cat. He would not keep the cone on him and got it off twice, how can I prevent him from licking? He also went back to playing and jumping around like normal which concerns me since the area is so sensitive what can I do to prevent him from hurting that area? I cannot seem to keep him in one area at all he’s usually decently behaved… just very active. I’m just concerned and don’t want anything bad to happen since it’s fresh. The papers we got didn’t give many tips on how to clean it or how often info on that would also be helpful I tried adding a pic to show the area

Attachments

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Generally speaking, you dont have to do anything special after a male is neutered. Of course, if he licks/bites the area enough to hurt himself you'd want to stop that, but there's no reason to restrict activity or prevent normal licking of the area. You don't have to clean it yourself. You just keep an eye out for signs of infection, that's all (and the chance of infection is very low for an indoor cat). Neuters are very simple procedures; he'll be fine :).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Katttttttt

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Generally speaking, you dont have to do anything special after a male is neutered. Of course, if he licks/bites the area enough to hurt himself you'd want to stop that, but there's no reason to restrict activity or prevent normal licking of the area. You don't have to clean it yourself. You just keep an eye out for signs of infection, that's all (and the chance of infection is very low for an indoor cat). Neuters are very simple procedures; he'll be fine :).
Thank you I’m not very educated on things like that just a worried kitty parent. Good to know and thanks again