Neutered Question

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i just got little Charlie neutered this morning and he’s resting in his carrier at the moment. Little dude is still majorly drunk off his anesthesia.

I brought him out to see if he would snuggle, but all he did was Bunny kick me until he went back in the cage. His vet is a country doctor, one that is very no frills but very good. He is the 4th animal we’ve had neutered there.

My question is that his bottom is still covered in blood and iodine from the surgery. I know there nothing I can do about it today as he’s very tender (the vet said he was a very, VERY well endowed kitten), but when can I safely wipe him down? Or is this something he will take care of on his own when he wakes up? It’s been a while since I’ve cared for a little boy!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think he'll clean himself up once he's feeling up to it. If he doesn't, you can wipe around the area with a damp cloth, but not directly on the incision.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He’s feeling frisky, but still very drunk. I’ll leave him be for a few hours and then see what he’s feeling.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

weemomma

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Update:

No poops or pees yet, but he’s been up and around. He’s currently resting in his pet pillow. He even ate a little bit of food. He’s talking to me when I go to the room.

His little surgery sites look so angry but I don’t think anything is wrong. No fever in him. He’s very sore. He gets himself situated when I pick him up and hold him. He has a few very small, very faint spots of blood on his towel. I’m sure the sites are draining slightly now. I desperately want to help him clean up!!!

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Give him some time. He's still under some of the effects of the anesthesia. He'll probably bounce back tomorrow.