Neutered/fixed ,, But Why?

FelinskiFamily

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
people here will ALWAYS tell you to fix your cats because it is best in their location.
they do not understand your situation any more that they understand mine.
i can personally use an extra half dozen barn cats, n can find homes for hundreds more, so i won't fix my feral cat.
just research the subject n know what you are getting into before you decide.
my vet bills will be low because i won't use small animal vets. horse docs charge much less.
It’s another thing to have a lot of barn cats, and quite another to have a lot of house cats, confined to a single room. In a barn you don’t clean the litter box several times a day after 4, 5, 6 or day 7 cats (if you let them breed). I dare you to let a litterbox for a day and a half uncleaned. Even with two cats.
Then, if you realise you can’t take care of all those cats, and they are not fixed, you don’t know what happens to them and how and where they end up. And kitten suffering is a lot to have on your conscience.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
people here will ALWAYS tell you to fix your cats because it is best in their location.
they do not understand your situation any more that they understand mine.
i can personally use an extra half dozen barn cats, n can find homes for hundreds more, so i won't fix my feral cat.
just research the subject n know what you are getting into before you decide.
my vet bills will be low because i won't use small animal vets. horse docs charge much less.
Where do you live that you can find good homes for hundreds of cats? I question whether these are quality homes, but also would suggest that those homes adopt kittens from shelters, and save lives. There is no reason to add more cats to the population.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susieqz already said that in another thread that the reason she could find homes for "hundreds" of cats is because most farm cats die. It's true. You could always find a home for your cat in a situation where they will die quickly. But most of us want better for our cats, and don't want to place them in a home where they won't live long. So, yes, if you're willing to send your kittens off to die, it won't be hard to find homes for them at all.