Neutered Cat Still Spraying

dogperson2cats

Dog person but has cats for some reason
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi all! As you know, my family has been taking care of a stray cat for a bit. We got him fixed about a week ago now and he's still spraying like nothings changed. I know that since he reached maturity already, he will likely still spray some. (Though my other cats were fixed as soon as they were 5/6 months old and they still sprayed. Though it didn't smell.) Can anybody make a guess at when it will stop? My folks are now saying they'll just kick him back out once he heals if he doesn't stop. I know there's a chance it won't but of course, I hope it will because he deserves to be a house cat.

He's estimated at being 2, maybe three, in almost perfect health and very lovey. He's also taken to using the litter. So, he's not a bad cat AT ALL. But we can't have a dirty tom in the house.
66667278_2350470405047780_7815757940802977792_n.jpg

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep...give him a bit of time. His hormones are still there, although they will lessen a bit each day.

SHOULD the spraying keep up, there are "panties" for cats with this issue. Now, one of our members JUST got something that works well for her, if I can only remember who it is! Let me think on this, and if I can come up with it, I'll put a link here for you!