Neutered Cat - Blood And Testicular Tissue (?) Can Be Seen

MiodragJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello everyone!

I suppose that a lot of people have posted with the same problem, however, I don't have the time to look for the thread that's the same as mine. It is 2 am where I am and I need a quick advice since my vet is not accessible.

I had two cat neutered today - the smaller one had no problems at all - he was full of energy 4-5 hours after surgery, ate and his testicular area looks great. However, the older one took it, seemingly, quite more badly - didn't recover from the anesthesia, and his testicular area looks pretty bad. It seems like there is some tissue in that area and it is covered with blood.

Is this normal? What is recommended in this situation?
27787075_10156122014614640_1998193441_o.jpg

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I’m not personally an expert on this (my Charlie was neutered before I adopted him), but I’d like to link you to this article that gives some great advice: Spaying And Neutering - What To Look For After Surgery

Male cats do fortunately have a shorter recovery time from desexing as female cats, but you still need to be on the lookout.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big chicken about stuff like this. I would take him to the vet for a check!

Patomas

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
From my very limited experience, that's not normal. What I was told when I got my cat spayed is that the wound has to be clean, dry and odourless. I'd call the place where your cat was neutered and perhaps bring him up for a check up.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hmm. It's hard to tell if it's just a small amount of blood that's making everything look bad, or if something is really wrong. I don't think it's an emergency, but if it doesn't look any better by tomorrow, give the vet a call.

lacy2000

Windy City Fosters
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is not normal. Of all my male foster cats that have been neutered I’ve never seen any blood or tissue afterwards. Your vet may have to redo the stitches, so you need to take him in.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MiodragJ

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you, everyone, for your opinion. I didn't manage to reply earlier. Got him checked, he got his antibiotics again and disinfection treatment. We will monitor him all day and it should be alright by the end of the day.