Nervous wreck of a cat gma

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi folks in New here. Many of your posts and previous questions have helped a lot! Our cat Bean just had a litter of 6 kittens on the 9th. I've been an absolute worrier over everything! Everything seems well but I don't think mama has gone to the bathroom since the kittens were born. Should I be concerned yet?

game misconduct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi folks in New here. Many of your posts and previous questions have helped a lot! Our cat Bean just had a litter of 6 kittens on the 9th. I've been an absolute worrier over everything! Everything seems well but I don't think mama has gone to the bathroom since the kittens were born. Should I be concerned yet?
welcome and congrats on the new kittens

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
YES as soon as possible. Shes a wonderful momma, but I have no desire to repeat this lol. Daddy is getting neutered with in the next week or two. I am super grateful they got to make beautiful babies first though.

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi again folks! The kittens are 8 weeks old Saturday! They're doing pretty great, except one that loses her appetite about every two days or so. Shes been a tough one to figure out. Does anyone have any ideas why? I still have to give her sugar water now and then to get her to perk up and eat sometimes. Sometimes gel to make sure she keeps gaining weight. Most the time though she playful and happy like the others. She really confuses and worries me

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
There often seems to be one who lags behind and needs a little extra special attention and a little more time. Try Gerber turkey or chicken meat baby food. It smells good, is high protein, and is easy to lap. Feed her away from the others. She may need to eat more slowly and in a more peaceful setting for a few meals. Also, at just 8 weeks old, some textures of food are hard for the babies to eat. They still have their baby teeth and pate style wet foods are easier for them now. You can also offer her kitten formula in a dish to lap. It’s packed with nutrition.

Last edited:

Shayfury

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well we made it! The kittens are all 9 weeks old today. The first two have gone to their forever homes today. Im sure they'll be spoiled and forget us all here soon enough. We of coarse are sad and will miss them forever.