Nervous (and Excited) I'm bringing home second kitten tomorrow!

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi All,

I'm fairly new to this site and so thank you everyone for all your helpful advice.

I have a resident kitty. He's about 1 1/2 yrs old. I adopted him in January. I'm adopting a kitten tomorrow. I am excited but now I'm really nervous. I hope my resident kitty accepts his new brother.

I bought a calming spray and hope that helps. I set up lots of stuff in my bedroom for my new kitten's "safe room". I just worried that my resident kitty is going to be really jealous if I keep my bedroom door closed at night.

Just  hoping for some encouragement or words of wisdom.

Thanks

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Congratulations on your new little kitten. 

It's great that you want to do it all the right way, and it's really important that you do.

Have you read through this article?:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/introducing-cats-to-cats

You probably know a lot of it, but it's great to just read through a do a checklist.  Follow it all and you're going to have a delightfully happy kitty family

And keep us posted!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

djkitties

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the encouragement. I have read lots of books and info on this site. Overdosed on animalplanet as well LOL. Brought home kitten today and he's great. My resident cat has been hissing which I guess is to be expected. It's just so weird and strange to see my cute cate hissing sigh.

Such a stressful time. Hopefully they will be friends soon.