Neonatal Kitten

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hopefully he will begin to gain more quickly now. The minimum daily gain should be 6-10 grams. More is even better. Weigh him at the same time each day. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you. Honestly this site with all of you cat mommas has been a blessing !! I'll keep y'all posted.

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm sad to report that baby Oliver passed away around 3am this morning. My heart is broken. Its amazing how quickly one can get attached to these little critters. We had just come back from the vet who was surprised to see him again a week later .He said Oliver was very tiny, 2.4 oz and that it would be a challenge to keep him alive. I knew something was off the whole day, he didn't want to drink his milk ,he was sleeping the entire day, as much as I tried stimulating him, he simply wouldn't wake up. I'm assuming after do many hours of not eating it finally caught up.
We put him in a pretty silver jewelry box and bur8him in our back yard. As I struggle to see through my tears as I write this, I'm comforted knowing he died in loving hands and not alone being eaten by ants or worse. I'll be hard seeing his siblings in the backyard, momma is back there still. I wish she had given him a chance but I guess that's nature.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m so sorry! You really did all that you could. He knew love and comfort. It really is nature’s way. Hopefully with your help his mom and siblings with thrive.

Do you feed mom? Is she in a safe covered area? Will you be able to help socialize the litter and rehome them?

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your kind words.
Yes mom is safe with her babies. I feed her and her two friends twice a day everyday with fresh water .
I have a covered patio with a ceiling fan that I keep on for them. I live in Miami Florida so it gets hot. It'll be bitter sweet to see her babies running around soon. But I will of course continue to spoil them all as much as I can .I'll be taking photos of the babies as soon as she let's me near them so that I can circulate them on social media.

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
This is where the 3 Amigos hang out. Including momma of Baby Oliver
There's a little gray one and black one, they are babies...about 2 months old more or less. Mom is there..different mom from Oliver

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I know about heat - I’m in St. Petersburg, Florida! :)

Mom probably needs extra food while she’s nursing if you can swing it.

Do you plan to get the friends and the kittens fixed eventually as well?

Thank you for all that you are doing to improve their lives! :lovecat2:

Kitty_Oliver

Ms Olivia
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, yes, we're trying to catch the Male first since he's the friendliest. We had 2 fixed several months ago, but haven't seen them since. I'll definitely bump up the feedings to 3 times a day.