Neighbors young feral in heat

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi.

My neighbors young female feral cat goes into heat,and sometimes i let it in my apt.i have an older female cat who is fixed.

Whenever i dont let the cat in it growls loudly,and this happens all hours of the night.The owners say they want their cat to mate with a male cat,and have a litter,but they have been saying that for over a year.They also say they cant afford to have it fixed.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how they should go about finding a male cat for theirs to mate with?

I dont think they want to use the cats in the neighborhood.

Thanks.

speakhandsforme

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
No one here will have suggestions for that... Most of us firmly believe in spaying and neutering our animals. There are already far too many unwanted cats and kittens in the world. :(

Also, I'm not sure what the motivation is here, but do they think their cat will stop going into heat and growling after she has a litter? Because she won't. She will become fertile again as soon as her kittens are weaned.

Please try to get this kitty spayed somehow... either by doing it yourself or convincing the owners.

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If they can't afford to spay her, they can't afford to raise a litter. Kittens are very expensive to raise

Also if she's outside she will get pregnant, there's also health risks for her going in and out of heat all the time. She'll come back into heat well before any kittens are weaned, usually at 4-6 weeks after birth.

Best option is to spay her, there are low cost options available too

Last edited:

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maybe you can help them find a program for people who can't afford to spay their cats? Call all the shelters and rescues in the area to ask about the options. I'm guessing that you're in an apartment building and she roams the hallways but doesn't go outside. . .because if she went out she'd be pregnant already. But please try to find a way for her to be spayed--there are too many homeless and unwanted kitties already, and it would be especially bad if they can't afford to care properly for the kittens (which, yes, costs at least twice as much as a spay, usually).

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

k-niner47

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi.

Thanks for the replies guys.

I live in scarborough,ontario canada.Its in toronto.

I,ve been searching for free spaying,and i found one but its too far for them to get there.

I,ll keep looking but if anyone else is better than me at finding one,please dont hesitate.

Thanks again.