Negrito's ear

vinny

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Florida - Loving and helping strays every day
I have a stray I feed and I had him neutered one month ago. He is only 7 months old and yesterday while I was feeding him, I noticed some hairs missing from his left ear (the outside of the ear). My husband thinks that he is scratching too much lately and I am going to treat him for flees but I am worry it could be something else.
Any ideas? The skin in his ear is soft, no crust is forming so I figured maybe it is not mange but I don't know for sure.
If I have to take him to the vet I will, but I have spent so much money lately with my inside cat Kirim that I am really tied these days.
Please help me....

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by vinny

I have a stray I feed and I had him neutered one month ago. He is only 7 months old and yesterday while I was feeding him, I noticed some hairs missing from his left ear (the outside of the ear). My husband thinks that he is scratching too much lately and I am going to treat him for flees but I am worry it could be something else.
Any ideas? The skin in his ear is soft, no crust is forming so I figured maybe it is not mange but I don't know for sure.
If I have to take him to the vet I will, but I have spent so much money lately with my inside cat Kirim that I am really tied these days.
Please help me....
try spraying some bitter or a anti itch cream

G

ghostuser

I noticed that most outdoor cats who are dumped at the shelter have it. Even Ho Ho did when I first brought him home. If I were you, just keep an eye on it. If it starts spreading, gets worse, or gets flaky, then he should probably see a vet. In the meantime, make sure you wash your hands very good after handling the stray, just in case it is something contagious that Kirim could catch.