Needing Help Identifying My Little Guy!

bhanrigh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
New to the site, so bear with me, but I was gifted an incredibly handsome little kitten, but he was an unwanted giveaway, so the breed is unknown!

Rucy is a quirky, healthy and a very happy fur baby!

Responses are appreciated!

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Quick question for color identification: is he solid black? Or does he have red patches? It looks almost that way in the photo, but I don't know if it's the lighting.

Without papers, he would be called a Domestic Longhair. His face shape is reminiscent to that of a Maine Coon, so it's possible he might have some MC influence, but this is impossible to prove short of a DNA test, which is why he would still be called a Domestic Longhair.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bhanrigh

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Quick question for color identification: is he solid black? Or does he have red patches? It looks almost that way in the photo, but I don't know if it's the lighting.

Without papers, he would be called a Domestic Longhair. His face shape is reminiscent to that of a Maine Coon, so it's possible he might have some MC influence, but this is impossible to prove short of a DNA test, which is why he would still be called a Domestic Longhair.
Hi there,

No red patches at all. Just the lighting. The top of his coat is solid black, but he's got a white tuff around his neck, like a lion's mane and if you run his fur reverse, it all goes white! He's also got a very long, poofy tail that looks like a raccoon's lol

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Hi there,

No red patches at all. Just the lighting. The top of his coat is solid black, but he's got a white tuff around his neck, like a lion's mane and if you run his fur reverse, it all goes white! He's also got a very long, poofy tail that looks like a raccoon's lol
Got it! So then his coloring would be called black and white bicolor (in the tuxedo pattern).

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He is so cute I just want to Kiss his black nose! He's got gorgeous eyes, I hace never seen in person a cat with that amazing shade of pale gold.
Please, do as StefanZ StefanZ asked you yo and post more pictures of him