Need vibes for Hercules

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He's gone missing!    He's been so faithful either being right there waiting or definitely eating his food (and burying it) every day for four months now.   He's been gone two days now and so worried about him.    I know I've got to toughen up and not worry so much but this feral cat thing is hard on the nerves.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it is hard when they disappear; "Sandy" has been missing for almost a week.    I tell myself they are just exercising their independent natures.  If the weather is changing where you live, Hercules may be hunting or just smelling new smells.

catclan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's gone missing!    He's been so faithful either being right there waiting or definitely eating his food (and burying it) every day for four months now.   He's been gone two days now and so worried about him.    I know I've got to toughen up and not worry so much but this feral cat thing is hard on the nerves. :sigh:
Ugh, it is. I will be thinking of you and Hercules and hoping he shows. :cross:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh no.... :hugs: It's just impossible not to worry, but my kitties that are here reliably do sometimes wander for a bit when the weather gets nice as winter winds down - or during nice weather in a winter interlude. I almost went out of my mind last year when Baloo went missing. After two weeks, I actually contacted the animal communicator with whom we work sometimes! She found him, and said he said he was just on walkabout, but he'd be back. He was, two weeks later. He'd never been gone more than a day or two, and he was gone a month!

:vibes: :vibes: :vibes: for you, and :vibes: :vibes: :vibes: Hercules comes back soon!

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, they do disappear for days on end, just when I am about to give up on my feral he shows back up! I'll pray for his return, it's about all you can do, don't give up hope!

debster747

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Keep the faith!  One of our guys disappeared for two months this past summer.  Then one evening he strolled into the backyard like nothing happened.  And he wasn't even hungry!

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
oh no! :vibes: to you Bastfriend and to Hercules as well.

i know how worried you must be, but as the others have said, it may just be a case of "spring fever" - maybe he needed to go explore a little since the warmer weather has set in. :cross:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for your support!  I hope you guys are right and he comes back soon - I've been so upset about this.   Today is Day 3, so far no sign.   The other cats have scattered as well (did see one for a second yesterday) and no one is eating the food but to put that in perspective the new ones hadn't become regulars.   I can't help but wonder if something happened dangerous to them or just to scare them.   It is true that the weather just shifted to very early spring here so maybe they are all on walkabout?   Maybe the others convinced Hercules to join their wandering cat group?     Or maybe they figured out I was taking concrete steps to relocate them to a barn!

Last edited:

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ritz, I hope your Sandy returns soon! 
Maybe it is just the weather....  

Still it's hard for me to understand why a cat would leave a daily guaranteed food supply especially if they are fixed???

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Cautious hope.....a good bit of the dry food was eaten when I picked it up.   Unfortunately no dirt was in it (Hercules' signature) so I have doubts it was him.   But some cat got a good meal tonight

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Sending more good vibes your way for Hercules. Any sightings yet?

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Great news!   At last I saw him tonight, I'm soooooo relieved.     He seems okay but I got the feeling he was a little shaken up somehow by his adventure - he didn't jump as far back as usual when I put the food down.    Thank you all so much for the vibes!  

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news indeed!  Sometimes cats realize how good they have it after a disaster; or they realize people aren't so bad after all if injured and taken care of.

Sandy still MIA.

bastfriend

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks Ritz, there are a few factors that I think might have caused Hercules to feel uneasy and go walkabout and unfortunately those factors are still here - the new cats, warmer weather, more people out and about walking their dogs, later daylight so more people about generally.    Normally where I am the feel of winter lasts well into April, but even though it's still cool it seems like things are speeding up sooner.   It's crazy but I'm wishing for a cold dark long winter because that makes it easier - the world is just quieter then.    

I'm sorry your Sandy is still MIA - she needs to come home!   Lucky come home vibes for Sandy 
and hugs for you

whaler

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
that is great news Bastfriend! :clap::clap::clap: what a huge relief.

i know what you are saying about about spring having its downside. i do wish we could have the long hours of dark, but after last weekend i definitely do not want any more snow!

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Great news that Hercules is back!!! :D :clap: Yeah, feral caretakers have a really tough job especially on our hearts. I have known cats to disappear for weeks at a time only to return looking perfectly fine. Always made me wonder if they have other people feeding them. Somehow they seem to manage though and return to us! Glad he is back, hun. :hugs: :clap: