Need to trap sick feral, ideas?

skimble

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
There is a bad resp. infection going around one ot the colonies. I really want to get this guy out for treatment. He is not eating because of the stuffy, runny nose so stinky food in a trap is not doing it for him. This is something I started doing only a short few months ago and I am not sure what to do in this situation. 'Hoping someone has encountered this and will pass along some suggestions. We have a fishing net on a handle and a large fishing net that is weighted at bottom that we have used before. What is the best thing to do? Many Thanks!

opilot

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
HI! A bad URI hit my colony this summer to the point green discharge
came out one cats nose! I was really really worried, but she did survive.

I put Clavamox in the cat's food (all of htem) so everyone got treated.

However if you're cat won't go in a trap you will have to net or catch them some how. If you can get close, scruff and stuff in carrier CAN work.
Wear long sleeves and gloves. OTH, if the cats won't come near you or let you pet, you may be stuck with your original idea of netting.

I hope you ahve help, I have none and one of my feral babies died this past day because I could not catch and had no help for chasing, etc. (And I did not know what to do being non experienced.

Feel free to pm for support and/or advice - I'll lend you what I've learned!

vibes for you!