Need to reintroduce after vet visit?

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, so today we had to take our cat bean to the vet. He has a mild ear infection which we got antibiotics for. All is good and when we got home, our cat Sunshine puffed up and seemed to be aggressive.

Pupils dialted, hair standing, some hissing. She usually doesnt like fights and isnt a fighter but for now we've separated them just in case something were to happen. What are some tips to introduce them again? Would it be a long process like introducing cats who've never met?

He's fine with the other cat so they're together and okay. But for now sunshine isn't in our room with us. She seems scared everytime we open the door too

EmersonandEvie

Mom to Evie, Emerson and Dexter
Top Cat
Purraise
Mine are like this after a vet visit. Take a blanket that they both sleep on and rub Bean down with it so he smells "normal" again. That should work!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

wacckky

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Mine are like this after a vet visit. Take a blanket that they both sleep on and rub Bean down with it so he smells "normal" again. That should work!
Okay! He has a favourite blanket so I'll rub him with that and I guess get her to smell it too and stuff before letting them be together?

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
You can rub each with something of the others, you can but a dab of pure vanilla on each or you can just wait it out. Usually within a couple of days each starts to smell familiar to the other and they are back to being friends.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's some tips here: