Need to know emphatically what breed my Serenity is!

Laura327

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
20190912_001216.jpg
20200316_121317.jpg

So, this is Serenity! We found her the summer of like 2011! So' this is her reference point for age. However, we had an emergency at the crib once years back. The EMS worker enters as Serenity refuses to budge (rude!) Aand she says, "wow, shes beautiful! What an expensive cat you guys have on your hands...! Not that I care about her "supposed worth'" as she's priceless to us. But, we would really like to know her "real" breed!
Anyone? Or at least advice?

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't see calico. I'd say she's a bicolor pointed, sort of snowshoe-ish. Does she have blue eyes?

But almost certainly a domestic shorthair, she just got lucky in the looks department :D. She's beautiful!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Domestic shorthair would be breed.

Coloring is what probably gives her an exotic look. If her eyes are blue, she's probably has the colorpoint gene. Colorpoint is famously known from the classic siamese coloring but has spread far and wide in the general cat population. The actual siamese ancestor that your cat gets her coloring for could be 1 or 1000 generations back at this point. Some better photos might help with color definition more. The lighting is hard to tell actual color of your girl.

Here are some photos of my colorpoint cats, if she is like this in better lighting then yes, domestic shorthair cat but one of the colorpoint. My two are seal point but there are a couple different colors within the pointed cats.

20200222_104206.jpg
20200311_173206.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, she has a point look, even if its not apparent at first glance. So a point bicolor, seal and white... Possibly also something else thrown into the fry.

The probierstone would be if she has blue or bluish eye, but I do bet she has. :) I wont eat my own hat, but I bet money on it.

And as she does has a vaguely old siamese looks, she isnt far from the Snowshoe- looks; whom vere constructed with old siamese as base.

Yeah, I can imagine she would be described as a true prettie, surely worth lotsa of good money. :)

jefferd18

Ms. Jeff's Legacy
Top Cat
Purraise
Serenity is gorgeous, her markings are really unique. Are there any other photos of her?

Willow's Mom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
inside of your imagination and/or smartphone app
Serenity is amazing and very rare! My Willow has the same harness. I miss hiking with her so bad that I'm going to cry, but there is no way my teenaged DSH/DMH would ever be that calm on concrete. She doesn't even walk on sidewalks, just rides in a backpack.

So I get it, being the Proud Pet Parent of a blue DSH who is so unusual that I have literally had people mansplain at me that everybody knows she isn't really a Russian Blue, but that this specific type of DSH/DMH is called a "Russian Blue" so I must not be from around here.

Puh-LEASE!!!!!

I'll do Serenity if you'll do Willow.

Serenity is so rare and expensive that you probably never even heard of her breed. No, you can't afford one. No, you can't touch her (unless Serenity genuinely enjoys being touched by strangers) because if you did, you might rub off some of the shine from the very expensive products we have to use on her every day to make her as beautiful as she is. No, I won't leash train your cat for you or tell you where I bought that "funny looking shirt thingy" because normal cats are too, too common to ever be able to achieve such wonders that are against nature and, until recently, could only exist in the imagination or the petri dish.

No, you wouldn't understand and we are far too posh and noblesse oblige to make you feel bad about how hilarious everything you are saying is to our illustrious and enlightened selves, but could you repeat that again and tip your head just slightly to the right so that my fans will give me more "likes" when I upload this video of you to my Instacart? Don't you want to be famous on People Of Walmart Dot Com?

Okay, but you might want to get a pencil and paper out.

Serenity is a Kha'LiCowe Dom Esstique Shor Terre.