Need Talk Off The Edge You Could Say

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi im a paranoid mama and just need to be reminded that it takes awhile to heal up.

See my oldest male (apperantly thought he was a lot younger) went for a vet check up about his eye. Vet said he had the start of ulcers and put him on some eye meds and a tablets. While i start the eye meds right off and they looked really good but tonight they didn't look so good. He also started the tablets today. I chose to delay them to insure there wasn't an reaction and that i knew what to. Ive seen what a drug reaction can do and i just don't want to risk not knowing. Anyway after he got next treatment they looked a little better then earlier so it might have either just looked worse or caused by stress of new meds. I did try to make it easy on him im just worried im not doing enough for him

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Eye ulcers take a while to go. They usually start off clear and change to a grey/ bluey shade that looks terrible. Putting the drops in the eye is really important so try to do as many as the vet has said. They can take a couple months to go depending on how bad they are so be patient and try not to worry.

posiepurrs

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You may want to ask your vet about eye serum or Remend if the problem is an ulcer. The eye serum is made from the cats own blood. It is an inexpensive treatment and easy. When we dealt with this I used the eye serum, as well as the antibiotics the vet prescribed and my kittens eye healed without a scar. The use of eye serum is common in horses and dogs, but my vet had never done it with a cat.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
posiepurrs posiepurrs is right. I am treating my cat for a really deep scratch. At the beginning the vet thought she might lose her eye. She was on amtibiotic drops for 4 weeks as well as remend. Now she is only on remend. It has really good reviews and is cheap to buy off the internet

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mama to the crew

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thinks guys currently he in the beginning stages and dosen't have any yet. He on a eye ointment call vetp? I know its got vet and a word starting with a p. Then he gets a tablet twice a day to