Need suggestions to clean a 7 month old kitten

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have had ups and downs with this kitten for several weeks. He seems to be on his way to finally getting better. He's been eating better He's been quite weak but seems to be getting stronger. I have one problem tho. He does not groom himself at all. He's got some dry poop on his bottom. He doesn't like me touching him there. I think his bottom is a bit sore as he had diarrhea for several days. He's gotten over that now and has normal poops for the last couple of days. I want to get him cleaned up cuz he stinks horribly.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have had ups and downs with this kitten for several weeks. He seems to be on his way to finally getting better. He's been eating better He's been quite weak but seems to be getting stronger. I have one problem tho. He does not groom himself at all. He's got some dry poop on his bottom. He doesn't like me touching him there. I think his bottom is a bit sore as he had diarrhea for several days. He's gotten over that now and has normal poops for the last couple of days. I want to get him cleaned up cuz he stinks horribly.
you just have to wash it :) unfortunately, with many cats this does not happen voluntarily :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Any suggestions on what kind of soap to use, if any?

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You can try a wet wash cloth to clean up the dried poop and dirt. If you need soap, use Dawn Original dish soap and only a teeny amount of it:

Pet stores sell pet grooming wipes if you want to give those a try. Unscented baby wipes would also work.

Koveshnikov

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
You can try a wet wash cloth to clean up the dried poop and dirt. If you need soap, use Dawn Original dish soap and only a teeny amount of it:

Pet stores sell pet grooming wipes if you want to give those a try. Unscented baby wipes would also work.
what about special soap / shampoo for cats? :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gleason

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the suggestions. I have Dawn Original on hand. Love that stuff.