Need Suggestions On Upcoming Vacation Time

Khrad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi there!
I'm going out of town for wedding in about a month for 4 nights and don't know what to do about my kitties. I have two pure bred bengals that have typical crazy and active bengal behavior, which is why I'm worried to leave them alone for huge amounts of time. Our current home sitution is, my mom who lives with me is home most the time, while my son is at school and I'm at work. So not alone time for them to be too mischievous but believe me they do manage to be mischievous in the little time they do have, so everyday is an adventure! Also, we feed home cooked organic food three times a day. This will be the first time we are all gone. We did manage to find people to drop in on them once a day to clean out the litter and play with them, but none can come to feed three times. So I want to make this transition easier on my kitties. So here are my questions:
1. Should there be only one same person to check on the them for consistency?
2. Should I have kibble or similar healthier option in automatic feeder out for my kitties to eat and they can have home cooked only once?
3. Should I confine them to one room with all their necessities to keep them out of trouble and safe?
Please help! I don't know what to do as I am a new cat parent. The food is what worries me the most as they have had only brief contact with kibble while with the breeder. We've had them since they were 12 weeks and have fed them home cooked meals. My Harley she is 1 1/2 years and my Anakin is 8 months.
Thanks in advance!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Do you have a few people who have been in contact with these kitties to cover multiple feeding times, as well as giving them attention more than once a day - not to mention making sure they aren't creating a whole lot of havoc!

I don't think having a couple of different people come in would be bad for them - as long as they have been/can be introduced to them ahead of time and have some familiarity with them.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd look into a paid pet sitter service that can come by at least twice a day, if not three times, to keep their food schedule as close to normal as possible. If not, if you can have different people come over at different time so they get the feeding they are used to that would be a viable option. Especially since they are bengals I wouldn't limit their space at home; they'd likely just get into more trouble trying to get out.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Khrad

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for all the suggestions, I feel more at ease now.