Need some Help. Outside cat peeing on deck doors.

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello everyone. Well the title pretty much sums it up. I have a problem with an outside cat (not mine) spraying on our deck doors. It drives our cats crazy and I don't know how to get this to stop. We've Used Boundary cat repellent to stop him from doing it but it's to no avail.  I clean up what I do find with Natures Miracle but apparently the smell still lingers since my littlest Calico keeps crying at the door now. She's all upset and I'm sure the others won't be to happy when they smell it as well. I'm also concerned with this other cat having diseases since I don't know who owns him or if he's even owned..Can someone please help me keep him away? Hubby is getting frustrated and wants him gone, like yesterday. But I'd hate to take someones pet to the shelter because he's spraying, I mean it's not his fault really right? I just want to keep him away from the house. Since repellent isn't working, can someone PLEASE help me find a solution? 

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried spraying with orange oil or citrus oil to deter?  Citrus is supposed to deter cats.

orientalslave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I found turning the hose on an unwelcome cat did the trick - I never actually got him wet, but he didn't like the idea!

If he's spraying he's probably not neutered, trapping him and getting him done might fix things if the hose doesn't.  It fixed the problem I had years ago with some smelly tom cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jugen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you tried spraying with orange oil or citrus oil to deter?  Citrus is supposed to deter cats.

I haven't heard of anything citrus to use. Can you recommend anything?
I found turning the hose on an unwelcome cat did the trick - I never actually got him wet, but he didn't like the idea!

If he's spraying he's probably not neutered, trapping him and getting him done might fix things if the hose doesn't.  It fixed the problem I had years ago with some smelly tom cats.
I'd spritz him in a min if he wasn't coming around while we were asleep. I'd squirt him with one of the many water bottles I have in the house if I could. I've caught glimpses of him now and again, and a  "shoo!" sends him running for cover. But unfortunately he always comes back.  I thought that neutering him would end up being the result but here we have to get them vaccinated b4 they are neutered and honestly I don't have the money to get shots and neutering. They would also consider him MY cat and I can't have anymore due to ongoing alpha issues. So he may end up being a trapped kitty relocated to a non kill shelter..unfortunately..

callista

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Trap, neuter, release. He's probably intact and has dozens of unwanted kittens all around the neighborhood. You'll be doing him a huge favor. Go to a shelter or humane society and ask whether you can borrow a cat trap and where you can find low-cost neutering for strays and ferals. If the cat turns out to be friendly, maybe someone will want him; if not, he will live longer as a neutered feral.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just look for Citrus Oil in the gardening section.  Be careful if you spray it on the grass as it will kill it, but you should be able to spray the deck and it will be okay.