Need some advice

Whenallhellbreakslose

Living in Kitty Paradise.
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, it is always good to have Pumpkin checked out. I know that hyperactivity in older cats can be caused by Hyperthyroidism, but since Pumpkin is a young cat so she still may have a lot of kitten left in her. Usually cats, calm down after a few years, but some cats just have a high prey/play drive. Goofy cat behavior, like what you mention is not that uncommon. I had a few cats that acted like goof balls, I was beginning to wonder if something was wrong, but they were fine.
Please spend as much time as you can playing with the kitty. You want her to calm down and sleep when you sleep, so if you can keep her awake in the day and have her exhaust her energy, then maybe she will be more calmer later on and there will be less zoomies (energy bursts) at night. Also, look into calming sprays or plug ins with pheromones. They work at calming some cats, not so much with others.

Here is an article, I hope you find helpful. I hope others answer this thread and give their best advice. Hope everything gets better for you.🙂
5 Ways to Calm Down a Crazy Cat | PetMD

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She sounds like a normal kitten to me! Mine try to chase birds, squirrels, and lizards through glass windows and through screens. They get incredibly excited. It’s what cats do, particularly young ones. 😊