Need some advice...

azul

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Trying to give our cat multiple protein sources in his diet. With that said, Lamb(Acana), Weruva (paw lickin chicken), And Nutro natural choice (duck) my question is this, the duck has chicken broth. Is it that big of a deal? My concern is him forming an intolerance to certain proteins over time. Thanks!

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's hard to say whether your cat will tolerate chicken BROTH. It depends how sensitive/severe his allergy is/might become.
I personally would feed it, but just a little bit for starters. If your cat seems to have no reaction, then increase the proportion.
There is no problem with feeding two or three proteins /canned foor in the same meal (assuming your cat will eat 'day old' food).

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So he doesn't have an allergy now, you're just concerned about him developing one right? I think you're on the right track by mixing up his proteins. Wild Calling has some novel proteins like buffalo, rabbit and pheasant. Hounds and Gatos is another brand with different proteins, like rabbit and pork. There's also fish based ones too, which IMO is fine for once a week meals. I like both these companies for the high level of proteins, lack of grains etc and fact they seem quite happy to clearly state their ingredients.

http://wildcalling.com/

http://houndgatos.com/cat-products.aspx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

azul

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks pushylady. You are right on my thoughts. I will visit those products. Thanks again....

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
Pride rockstar rabbit,daredevil duck, and lucky lamb are good. All the tiki cats are good. Nutro natural choice chunky chicken or turkey loaf are good.