Need Recommendation For Great Web Cam

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
I'm new here. I am fostering an adult female who is alone all day. I tried a $50 web cam on Amazon and although the picture was decent, the sound was barely audible. Even in the same room that the web cam was in, I could barely hear anything, even with my iPhone volume all the way up on quality Bose earbuds.
Can someone recommend a web cam that can rotate and pan, but also has GREAT sound quality? I want to be able to pan around but also HEAR clearly if Trixie is crying in another part of the house so I can tell if she is having any separation anxiety.
I don't want to go broke, but will spend up to $100.
Thank you

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I look forward to seeing others responses, as I've been looking for something like this for my Charlie. I got a Petcube Play about half a year ago, but even after wasting the whole morning trying to get it to connect to my mobile device, it didn't work. :crash: So that's one I wouldn't reccommend, maybe others had a better experience with it.

Clawsout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I just got the Wansview 720 P cameras from Amazon a few weeks ago. It's $65 for a pack of 2 with a 120 degree view. Although I got them for $45 during prime day. They also have great night vision. They do not pan but for the price buying multiple is not too expensive and it helps to get the different angles of the room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How is the sound?

Clawsout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I can definitely hear if she meows and that's over the crappy wall AC we have. And I can hear my boyfriend talking to her. I think it's pretty good considering she would be on the other side of the room but I could hear her petite little meows. And you can talk back through the app to calm the cat. Also I like being able to record and take pictures of her when she does something cute.

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, so if it doesn't pan or tilt, how do you see her when she goes from say, the floor up to the couch>

Clawsout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
IMG_4884.JPG
I have two cameras in the living room which covers the whole view. So whatever this camera misses the other picks up but you can zoom in on the live stream too. Because Sabina is a black cat at night it's hard to tell her from a t-shirt on the ground haha but I can zoom in a see her sound asleep.

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks, I just ordered two, full price unfortunately. I'm sure it will work fine based on the wide view you get on it. Thanks.

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
No problem! I hope they work for you! :)[/QUOTE]
I got two of these web cams. Sound quality if WAY better than the original one I got on Amazon for twice the price and I returned that and got two of these instead. AND these two are much smaller than the large $50 one I tried.
Thanks so much. I LOVE them. I can keep an eye on my foster girl cat while I'm at work. The only down side is now I am aware of how much she is crying when I'm not home. Hoping I can get her placed with someone who is home a lot more than I am.

Clawsout

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yay I'm glad you like them! Yes that is the toughest part my cat will cry for the first 5 minutes and hearing it breaks my heart.

Marytabby

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Do you mean the first five minutes of after you've left the house?