Need Non-tracking Litter for Elderly Cat

kh2b1

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What is a good non-tracking litter that isn't too hard on the paws for an elderly (almost 17) cat?

I switched to a crystal litter about a week ago, but I'm unsure about it. I'm using this only for my oldest cat that I'm keeping confined to one room now. I think she doesn't like the feel of it. I suppose it could be the brand I'm using. Maybe I should try finding something with smaller crystals, if possible.

Other than crystal litter, what else doesn't track too much?

catpack

TCS Veteran
Kitten
Purraise
The is paper litter available, most is in pellet form. Pellet litters tend to not be *as* messy as clay litters are. But, aren't necessarily the softest litters either. But, the pellets don't stick to fur/paws.

As for soft litters...
Swheat Scoop is suppose to be one of the softest. I think I've only used this once and it didn't have good odor control. I also think it tracked a lot.

Fine grained clay litters like Cat's Pride Natural litter and their Fresh & Light litter are also very soft. Their Natural litter is a lot like soft, fine-grained beach sand.

red top rescue

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Crystal litter is NOT soft on paws.  sWheatScoop is excellent, perhaps the softest litter around.  However there are two soft clumping litters I know of.  One is called Fresh Results and can be purchased at WalMart and at some super markets.  I believe that one is made of corn but has a pine scent added. 

The second one is actually pine, it is a new clumping version of the original Feline Pine.  Another advisor on here recently mentioned a link where you can get coupons to try it for FREE but I haven't used it yet.  I will.

http://www.thecatsite.com/t/314054/feline-pine-litter-try-it-for-free

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Petsmart sells a microcrystal litter, their own brand so you can't get it anywhere else. The crystals are tiny round beads with no sharp edges like the regular crystal litter. My cats love it. The biggest problem I have is that it's sold in stores only, not online, and some stores seem to be out of stock more often than not.