Need Mild Sedative Recommendations Please

melaniewa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, My kitty has to have an initial evaluation before hopefully having a tooth extracted.

I plan to go to a vet about 45 minutes away as they are so much cheaper than our local vet. However, Mica hates riding in the car and I am hoping to give her a mild sedative for the ride.

Does anyone have any recommendations for a mild sedative please, either OTC or with a prescription?

Thanks in advance.

stacydc83

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Pet eze. They are in treat form. They contain L-tryptophan chamomile and thiamine. I give them to Lily when thunderstorms hit. And will be using it on Thursday when she and Zoe have a nice 35 minute ride up to the vet for exams. Also I plan on spraying feliway comfort zone spray in their carriers and inside of my car. Both of them have a tendency to scream on car rides. And I'm already nervous about getting them both into carriers. They will fight it and make it really hard to put them in

carebare

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Double check with the vet first. If the vet is going to do tests or medicate her, it may conflict. I was giving my cat Benadryl for his hives, and it calmed him down. Ensure your vet is ok with it and the dose, and that you have the kind without decongestant. The vet gave me zylkene and my cat likes it but I don't know that it had a noticeable effect.

lalagimp

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Bach's Rescue Remedy Pet may help. One of my cats seems to have built a tolerance very quickly, but it still works on my other boy. It's 2-4 drops and I apply it to a freeze dried treat like PureBites because the liquid holds onto the texture better without dripping off.