Need input on my kitty's breed...

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! I just recently was given a kitten that was rescued by a friend...she is almost 4 months old now. We named her Bambi :) Just wanted any thoughts on what she might be....and no, i don't mind at all if she is a regular DSH ;) I will attach some pictures! We got her when she was 3 1/2 months old so some of these pics are 2 weeks old now. She has already lost numerous teeth, including one fang. So i am confident she is 4months old now and teething. The vet said she is in perfect health...and that he hasn't seen a "mix" like her before. Didn't bother asking him to clarify, I just wanted to bring her home and start a routine with her. Anyway, I will be happy to hear what all of you have to say!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hadnt we seen this cat before not far ago?   A beautiful classical (marbled, blotched) tabby, with white.   The breed more difficult to say.  Without papers it would be domestic...

The grayish pal is as interesting!  The same age and body type.  Siblings??

I want to see some good pics on this love too!!

Its a  Spotted tabby??   On one of the pics there seems to be green and red lines.  I presume its some sort of optical phenomen??

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Nope I am a newbie and have never posted before :) I definitely see tabby in her as well since she has white mittens :) the gray one is from another friend (so they are not related) her litter mates/siblings were so diverse..some black and gray, one orange, and three gray. She is a mackeral blue tabby I am assuming. She is such a character! First day we brought Bambi home (the one pictured above) Camille followed her everywhere even though Bambi hissed at her everytime haha. By the next day they were sleeping together! True adopted sisters haha.

OH and I apologize for poor camera lines...my phone does this thing when I take a flash picture in the dark. Sooooo annoying.

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh and they are about a month apart. Camille (gray one) was so tiny when we got her. I think malnourished poor thing. So we bought her good food and she grew soooooooo fast in one week. Im sad I didnt take more photos when she was so little. :( I will definitely post more photos of cute Camille soon!!! :D thank you for responding as well....felt like the only one without a comment haha.

But man do I love my baby girls. Currently am baby sitting a 2 and 3 year old and both kittens are chasing them and sitting on whatever they are doing (blocks at the moment).. For being two random kitties, they sure are sweet and loving.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Beautiful kitties ;)

I love the name Bambi too :clap:

She is indeed a brown classic tabby BUT is that a red spot on top of her head ?
If so, this would actually make her a torbie - which is a tortie and tabby mixed together ;)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very pretty cats.

The one you wrote about, it's difficult to tell from the pictures, but is she orange in some places, or is this her warm undertone showing through?

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she actually does have an orange dot and she has orange mixed into her swirls too. That's why I was super confused and thought I would ask lovely people who know way more about cats than I do.

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes she definitely has some orange in her. Annnd some biege/tan as well. Her colorings are gorgeous in person

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's very beautiful, l love her markings 
 So l guess she's classic torbie and white.

lorelaibella

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you EVERYONE for all the compliments and help! She does look like a torbie :) I cant wait for her to grow up andsee how her torbie pattern grows!