Need Ideas for an “International” Teen Potluck

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So my DD’s youth group is having an International Night and they want people to bring food from their background. They usually have about 60 teens and adults there.

I am Italian, German, Polish and Greek. DH is…southern more than anything.

I think Italian is the way to go for feeding a bunch of people. My ideas are homemade mini meatballs in sauce, baked ziti, or Chicken Parm made bitesize.

Ziti is probably the most practical and possibly the least expensive. Chicken Parm would be the most labor intensive and expensive most likely; but different and fun. Meatballs are simple enough if I can get the meat at a good price. (Beef and pork)

Any ideas or input? I’m open to other foods and countries. DH is likely mostly English, Scottish and German so we could probably get away with those or just something southern. I’m not making Fried Okra though. :lol:

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My DW makes "lumpia " contents: ground pork,peas, carrots, onion,potato. Warped in a spring roll. Then fried in a Wok. Asian sweet sauce for dipping.

Last edited:

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You mentioned Greek. There are some Greek casserole type dishes that are easy to make and would feed a crowd. That would probably be something a little different unless you live in an area with a large Greek population. I am thinking of something like Moussaka or Pastitsio. Pastitsio is often called Greek lasagna.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I went with baked ziti! And I made enough that I had a small pan for us for dinner here at home. :yummy: I just couldn’t come up with a family recipe for a crowd like that that didn’t include cabbage. Can’t imagine that going over well with teens. :lol:

DD said someone brought fried chicken!!:shocked:I can’t imagine doing fried chicken for a crowd! Unless it wasn’t homemade but she said it was really really good. Theres a grocery store here that does really good chicken. Or maybe someone is really ambitious.

I’m definitely going to have to try Pastitsio and the pierogi with kielbasa.

Thanks for all the suggestions!! I have a feeling I’ll be cooking again before long!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If there is a place in your area that sells broasted chicken I think it could have been bought and very good. I love broasted chicken but there is no safe way to do it at home, it takes commercial equipment.