Need help

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 10 cats ( not planned but yep) all indoor only. I have 5 litterboxes. I know o should have more but it’s all I can fit so I scoop each box at least 3 times daily. My problem is DUST. I have 2 boxes in my laundry room 2 in a bathroom and one in my office. I use tidy cat clumping. I have dust everywhere and could really dust everyday if I had time. Any ideas! I change my air filters regularly. Would a portable air filter work? I have tried the Pine pellet litter and the Paper News litter but don’t feel they control the Oder like the tidy cat litter does. I really need to cut down on the dust though. I feel like it is settling in my chest. Any suggestions?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Re read this and don’t want you all to think my house is a dustbowel it’s more like a fine coating that drives me 😜 crazy

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Don't worry about your wording causing anyone to think you live in a dustbowl!! :)

I haven't tried a ton of litters, but I will tell you that most of them that best control odor seem to be dustier as well. I use Fresh Step Ultra Unscented, as I think some of the scented ones also cause more dust. But, even with the litter I use, there still is dust involved. And, that is with just one cat! The number of litter boxes - and the number of cats you have accessing them all the time is also bound to exacerbate the dust.

Hopefully other members will chime in about the portable air filters - I have never tried one to know if they are effective or not.

basscat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a portable/stand alone air filter purifier and....returned it. It was supposed to be a better one, around $100....Kind of a joke for even one room.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

6kittymama

Now 10 kitty mama!
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep 10 is a lot but no one would take any unfortunately.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I switched Hekitty to a corn-based litter. It is (REALLY IT IS) 99.9% dust free, clumps GREAT, and does an excellent job of odor control. I had just changed the litter the other day, and a friend dropped by. She asked me what air freshener I was using, that she loved it...IT WAS THE NATURAL ODOR OF THE CORN LITTER!